Mess & Madness short; branded

I always forgot the contrast in weather between LA and Philly. With it becoming later in the year, the cooler months were trying to sneak in early. I forgot about the decrease in temperature until after my plane already landed, and that's when I remembered I didn't bring warm clothing. I didn't think shorts and t-shirts would suffice for the week-long stay I planned with Kae. I knew I would stick out like a tourist - more than I already would considering how different I looked.

I was anxious to see her, not gonna lie. I missed her, of course. Phone calls with the occasional drunk texts weren't cutting it for me and I was ready to look her in the eye after so long. Aight so maybe two months isn't that long to some people - but considering our last visit resulted in us vandalizing her girlfriend's place in more ways than one, this felt like an eternity. Call me a sap but I thought about our game more often than I'm willing to admit; I took pride in knowing that Kae and I did something that she and Nai could never do.

My phone vibrated in my lap at a red light. I knew who it was, so I answered. "Wassup? I'm around the corner."

"Great, can you stop at a gas station and bring me a Gatorade and some chocolate. A big Hershey bar will be fine." I was going to protest such an odd combination but the dial tone sounded in my ear before I could formulate a response. I only chuckled and switched lanes so I could find what she wanted. Simple enough.

I was in and out within five minutes and back on the road. A few more turns and I pulled into the parking lot of an apartment complex. They stood tall with large windows forming the exterior. I whistled to myself. "Damn Kae." When I turned the car off, I grabbed the small plastic bag of our snacks and jogged up the stairs to find her place. Third floor. Not bad. I knocked slowly, and my stomach began to knot with nerves. What if she had another girlfriend and failed to mention it to me? Or maybe she had a man who didn't have burn scars all over his upper body and a fucking patch of blonde hair on the side of his head. Or maybe she was still with Nai and this was their new place.

I barely heard the sound of the locks clicking, and I nearly took off down the steps and called the whole thing off. Sweat began to adorn my forehead and the plastic of the bag began to stick to my palm with perspiration. My eyes darted around to the walls that seemed to be pulling inward around me.

Her touch felt like a shock of electricity and I gasped for air, my eyes snapping open like I was finally breaking the surface of water after being under for too long. Her fingers held my cheeks. "Iris! Iris breathe!"

It's like I was returning to my body, and I panted quietly. "I'm, uh, I'm good. I'm good, I promise." I rubbed my face as if that would help - it didn't. "Anyway, hi."

She looked unsure, but giggled anyway. "Hi Iris. How was your flight?"

I shrugged, "Pretty good considering it was on a private jet." And the fact that I got head from the flight attendant but she didn't need to know that. "Just long and boring."

She took my hand and led me inside. Opened boxes were scattered along the walls with labels displaying what was inside each one. The back wall was a sliding glass door that led to a small balcony that showed a nice view of the city. She watched me look around and grinned. "You like?"

"It's dope. Fits your personality, that's for sure." I held up the bag of food and smirked. "I brought your weird cravings. You not pregnant, are you?"

"Ew no. What the hell would I do with a baby?" She rolled her eyes and waved me off, setting the bag on the kitchen counter and slipping her arms around my neck. She pecked my lips once and blushed. "I missed you. Let me show you around."

Baby girl can't just place herself over my dick, kiss me, and not expect me to get hard. That's now how shit worked. Now was not the time to get horny. I grunted and cracked my neck. "It looks big."