30; arrival

Osiris
Whatever drugs they had me on for pain and to help with my self healing, had me in a daze. I couldn't focus on anything and all I really could do to pass time was sleep. This grogginess was needed because I knew I needed rest, but I felt like I was just taking up space. I didn't have any meaning in this life anymore.

To make matters worse, though, I was forced into a sling until my shoulder completely healed. I honestly never knew vampires could take medication or feel this type of physical pain. But silver was extremely toxic to us - I just didn't know how much until I was actually shot down. Those events were still cloudy in my mind.

Thursday evening finally decided to drag itself on and I was still stuck in this bed. Dr. Black was a nice guy, very experienced and wise, but I was just ready to go home. He was the only one who gave a fuck about me because neither Kane nor Akila decided to visit me or even bother to return my calls. That was strange to me.

Ra was still on my side, and Melissa. Both of them were anxious for the arrival of their child and I could practically feel their excitement radiating through my phone. I couldn't be anything but happy for them.

"Dr. Black," I called out for him, shifting my weight up in bed. He entered with a smile. "I got a question for you."

"Of course, ask away."

"I'm the guardian of Ra's unborn child, and she's being delivered tomorrow. Will you let me take the mom to the hospital for a few hours if I promise to come back to finish healing?"

His lips pursed in deep thought. "I think that would be okay, yes. But you should consider keeping your arm in the sling until it's healed completely. You're not quite there yet."

"How much damage did this do, Doc?" I was getting restless. I couldn't even leave the bed I was in. There was a catheter in my dick so I could take a piss. You know how humiliating it is to have some woman messing around with my penis without me knowing? Very.

"You would have been dead before you even hit the ground," he muttered as simply as he could but there was weight to his words. "Thankfully, Kane and Akila kept you alive by feeding on her blood, so you're very lucky."

"Have they, um, come to see me at all?"

"I'm afraid not," he shook his head. "I haven't heard any word from anyone. Sorry, sport."

"It's cool, thanks man. Enjoy the rest of your night." When he left, I pulled back the blankets and stared at the tube slipped into my penis. I was sure it was gonna hurt like hell to take it out, and maybe I shoulda asked the doctor to remove it, but I didn't have time. I tugged on it once and growled out. "Son of a bitch."

So I took a moment to think. If I pulled this out on my own, could I bleed to death through my dick? Was that possible?

I wasn't gonna risk it. "Hey nurse, could you come here for a second please?" Thank god it was a fine ass nurse. "May I ask why I still have this in me?"

"Oh," she blushed with a slight giggle. "The doctor said you should wait until you're back on your feet to consider removing it."

"So what happens if I have to take a shit?"

"I can get a bedpan for you if you need it."

I groaned. "I don't want a bedpan, baby. I want to actually get up and sit my ass on a toilet. Please? You can put it right back in when I'm done."

She chewed her lip, considering her options. "I'll go ask the doctor and I'll be right back." She skittered out of the room before I had the chance to bat my eyelashes - it worked every time. She reappeared with a pair of latex gloves. "Lay back for me."