The staff laughed, Mrs Patmore raised her eyebrows and huffed in defeat, Mr Molesly spoke up. “I don’t believe so Daisy. Otherwise Miss Crabbesbrook might be feeling a bit dizzy.”

The staff laughed yet again. Anna and Ms Baxter entered the kitchen consequently as the laughter died down.

“Everything is sorted for Miss Crabbesbrook and Mr Horan.” Anna stated, smiling at Ms Baxter and then back to the ever growing crowd of staff in the kitchen. Mr Molesly smiled discreetly as Ms Baxter which she returned.

“Mr Horan? He’s that dreamy Irish lad of Mr Branson’s isn’t he?” Ivy stated.

“Yes. I believe so. He is a bit dreamy isn’t he?” Anna laughed her blue eyes sparkling.

“That mixture should be done Daisy.” Mrs Patmore said, her plum face slightly perspired. Daisy somehow came out of a little daze. Mrs Patmore hung her hands on her hips angrily.

“Enough with the fuss about Mr Horan Daisy. I swear all the housemaids blush like maids when his name is raised. First Miss Crabbesbrook, now him. I can never get any sense out of you two!” She said pointing at Ivy and Daisy with a wooden spoon.

“He’s a berk in my opinion.” Jimmy specified with a frown, placing his cards on the table in front of Thomas.  “Gin.”

Thomas growled, slapping his cards on the wooden table before collecting in the cards and starting to shuffle them.

“Now Jimmy. It’s not like you to make quick assumptions.” Anna stated.

“And the Australian staying?” Ms Baxter stated confusedly.

“I won’t hear any more from anyone about Miss Crabbesbrook, now all you shoo, Daisy, Ivy and I have dinner to prepare.” She stated curtly.

Anna and Ms Baxter left the room quietly chatting. Jimmy then sauntered out of the room. Thomas raised his eyebrows and watches as Jimmy exits the room.

“I bet a penny he’s got a trick up his sleeve. He’s been so different since that girl arrived upstairs.” He stated.

“You’re so suspicious.” Mr Molesly said with a slight smile.

“What’s it to you if he likes an upstairs guest? You have enough times.” Ivy stated wiping her fishy hands on her apron and taking the mix from Daisy.

“Thomas nor Jimmy will be ‘liking’ upstairs folk, now back to work otherwise dinner won’t be ready before I’m in my grave.” Mrs Patmore huffed.

“Yes, Mrs Patmore.”

Soon enough the rest of the staff had exited the kitchen to the other room to mingle in their free time before Dinner. But Mr Molesly was in a daze still, not moving from his spot in the kitchen. That was until Mrs Patmore turned towards Mr Molesly red faced and obviously annoyed,

“Go on now. I said shoo.”

***

Mr Molesly found himself in the library before dinner was commencing with a tray of champagne to offer the upstairs family members, with the whole family in the room save for Mr Horan. His lordship and Mr Branson were talking quietly as Mr Molesly offered them their drinks first.

“Thank you Molesly.” His lordship stated graciously, meeting him with a slight smile eye to eye before continuing to talk with Mr Branson. Molesly glanced Mr Carson who gave him a curt nod, from which Mr Molesly consequently made his way over to the chatting women, all dressed accordingly but laughing graciously at each comments and retorting wittily each reply.