Chapter 35 - Hopeless

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I am gonna give you one last chance to–"

"The answer is simply everything after Lne. So in that case, the answer is forty seven x squared." He quickly cuts her off to answer the question correctly which leaves our teacher in shock. Seems like she was ready to give him in school suspension.

"That's correct sir. I don't understand why it took you so long to answer." She inputs as she begins to write more on the board.

"I wonder that same thing with you and how long it takes you teach this lesson." He rolls his eyes at her cautiously.

"You know, I'm going to be generous today and not send you to detention because I feel like you only act out because you want to be there." She smiles at him for a split second before her face turns completely emotionless. Trevor only puts his head down once he sees her facial expression change. Talk about two faced.

"Let's get on with the lesson." She states and the rest of the class either stops being distracted by Trevor or mesmerized by him.

.//.

It was five minutes into lunch and Trevor still hasn't told me what's wrong. In history, he sat in the way back of the classroom and laid his head down on the desk. The sub didn't even have the slightest clue that he was in the back of the class. Then in science class, I asked him again what was wrong but that only caused him to massage him temples and not answer me so I just left him alone until now.

Marissa advised me to find somewhere secluded to talk to him, maybe then he'll open up to me. So I'm currently in the janitor's closet, waiting for Marissa's call to tell me he's about to walk by us. He's supposed to be at lunch but I won't question it right now because I'm not at lunch either. I just would really like to know what's going on with Trevor. I mean, I've never seen him so lifeless before. This is the longest he has gone without calling me princessa. Yeah, yeah I secretly really like him calling me that even I told him it wasn't necessary.

Why do I feel like it's because we're dating he can't tell me things anymore? I must be a bad girlfriend because he could always talk to me before I was–

"Zendaya, he's coming!" She yells from outside the janitor's closet as I peak out my head to see him. He's walking down the hall, all his attention directed to his phone. At once, I open the door completely and I grab Trevor's arm to drag him into the closet. Not my greatest idea, I know. But at least it worked.

"What the fuck?! I swear if this is Amanda I might just beat your ass." He threatens but I turn on the light and Trevor sighs of relief. Well at least I know he's not interested in anyone else?

"Trevor, can you please tell me what's wrong? I've never seen you like this and I'm really starting to get worried." I stammer towards the end of my sentence. "You can tell me what's going on. You know that, right?" I ensure him but he doesn't answer right away.

"You dragged me all the into the janitor's closet just to ask me a dumb ass question?" Trevor mentions too slowly with very squinted eyes.

"Seriously? Saying that sentence doesn't spark off an innuendo?" I raise my eyebrows and step closer to him so I can hold his hand in mine but he flicks his hand away to put it into his jacket pockets again. What in the world? Okay Zendaya, don't get mad. Don't start crying either, what's the matter with you?

"I told you, the fucking answer to this already." He coughs loudly. "Now leave me alone." He let's out slowly once again. Hold on a second.

"Trevor, are you high?"

"Why– why would you think that? You've seen me in every class."

"Not in the first minutes of lunch and plus you smell like weed. Why'd you smoke?" I question him. I mean I know he's a bad boy and all but he doesn't just smoke for no reason. I guess I could understand that party from months ago but what's his excuse now?