Chapter 16 - Too Good To Be True

TREVOR'S POV
She looks at me with utter shock written on her forehead. I bet she's never heard those words before.

"You want me to go on an actual date with you? Me?" She asks quietly.

I smirk at her actions. I must've caught her by surprise. "Is that so hard to believe?" I furrow my brows waiting to hear her response.

"Kinda." She chuckles lightly before looking at her hands in her lap.

"Well believe it or not, it's true. See, my mom's doing this charity event at her job and everyone is required to bring a date or guest. And she told me I had to come." I reassure her.

"I'm surprised you didn't try to get out of it." She grins and folds her arms across her chest.

"Yeah. I had to bring a date and my options were to either bring some hot stranger from school or someone as amazing as you." I say to her. Damn Trevor, you sound like you're in love or something. Are you high? Did you hit your head before you walked in?

"Really?" She asks and I know I rendered her speechless.

"Yeah, and I couldn't find someone as amazing as you so I asked the original." I say to her with a smile this time and she smiles back at me.

"Well well well, I guess the bad boy can be sweet at certain times." She smirks at me which puts me into laughter. She isn't wrong, I'll tell you that much.

"So when is it?" She asks.

"This Saturday. And your Mom's invited too. The more the better." I tell her as she smiles at my response.

"Well I'd be honored to be your date to the charity event. And don't worry, my mom will be there." She tells me.

Thank God. My palms were sweating from the anxiety I had asking her.

I've never had that problem before. Asking out girls is like taking candy from a baby for me. It's just that easy. But with Zendaya, that's totally different. She's a totally different girl and it all of a sudden became a challenge for me to ask a girl out.

I wish we lived in a world that only had happy endings because if so, I'd really just tell her that I really like her right about now, but that could end really badly for all I know.

And I wouldn't wanna rush our relationship at all. But that's besides the fact that she wouldn't even like me back. I mean, the girl's nickname for me is dickface instead of daddy.

So telling her I like her wouldn't be a good thing at all. I don't think I'll be able to handle her rejection and besides, our friendship means way more to me than some dumbass feelings that really need to leave.

"Great. So I'll see you at tutorial tomorrow, right?" I ask her and I'm quite surprised at myself.

Well, not really.

As much as I hate anything to do with school, if it involves Zendaya, count me in. She actually does a great job tutoring me as much as I hate to admit it to her and I really do enjoy being tutored by her.

"Of course." She smiles genuinely at me before I get up from her bed and she walks me over to the window.

"Great because Trevor was kinda hoping you'd say yes." I say in the third person as she rolls her eyes at me. I hop out the window balancing on the little space I have.

"Goodnight Zendaya." I say to her getting one last glance of her before I go to bed.

"Goodnight Trevor." She smiles as she locks her window and shuts the curtains.