Chapter 14 - Pranking Isn't in My Vocabulary

ZENDAYA'S POV
Even though I'm way too tired to function today, I'm still going to stay after school for the Yearbook Committee.

Wanna know why I'm so tired today?

Trevor freaking Jackson.

Yesterday, he gave me the most freaking beautiful charm bracelet I've ever seen and I didn't know how to handle myself. When I got home that night, I was up for probably three hours contemplating on whether the dude likes me or not.

I mean I thought, I talked to myself, heck, I even asked Google so I can tell if a guy likes me. I've been running on coffee this whole morning, and I think that bad decision is finally catching up to me.

I open my locker and stuff my books in. As I close my door, the sound of footsteps grow larger and as I turn around I spot Trevor running up to me.

"What's going on?" I say to Trevor. He's lucky school is over so no ones in the hall for him to bump into.

"Come with me." He smirks and intertwined his hand with mine.

Trevor and I are holding hands and I'm not okay.

His touch ignites the red flames to my cheeks and the little hairs on my arms stand up. He's acting natural from this, but I'm literally dying on the inside.

While we're both running, he guides me from my locker to the courtyard outside. He opens the door and let's go of my hand to do so (which I'm kinda sad about) and the sun's rays both pierce us not too kindly.

"Trevor, can you explain to me what's going on? And why are there stacks of sticky notes out here?" I chuckle as I begin to count the number of stacks.

"You're helping me with a prank." He smirks at me, knowing I would deny. I didn't know bad boys did pranks, like actual pranks. I thought they just couldn't stay committed to just one girl.

"What? Absolutely not." I say bluntly. If I get caught, that moment goes down in history.

"If you're feeling guilty because you didn't have tutorial with an amazing, hot guy aka me, it's okay. Mrs. Walters isn't even here." I roll my eyes at him. No wonder nobody else has a self esteem as high as his.. It's because he's sucking up everyone's with his cocky remarks.

"I know that. She'll be back tomorrow and she told us that whenever she has a sub, we don't have tutorial." I fold my arms. I should really be at the yearbook committee meeting.

"So what's the problem Z?" He asks as if there's nothing wrong with pranking in school. Wait, did he just call me.. Z? He already nicknames me? I shouldn't be reacting like this on the inside.

I smile to myself warmly as he stares at me intently, waiting for my answer and I'm sure he can see me blushing right about now.

"I have a cleaner record than you can imagine, and I can't get caught pranking whoever with you. It's not happening." I explain to him. I've never done anything bad in my life. Detention room? I've never seen the inside of it.

"Stop being a goodie two shoes. Loosen up and have fun! It's high school. Do you really wanna go all four years without doing something reckless?" He asks. Is he being serious?

"And do you want to go all four years getting in trouble over and over again for the same dumb things?" I say back to him. He smiles as at me before picking up the stacks of sticky notes and dumping them in his book bag.