Chapter 24 - Guess Who Looks Stupid Now

Zendaya's POV
I turned him down.

I turned Trevor freaking Jackson down, the guy with the cheesy pick up lines, one of the most popular guys in school with one of the best smiles.

Okay, Zendaya you're officially the dumbest person in the world.

What? Because I didn't wanna take the chance of ruining our friendship? Or maybe I'm just scared of him getting bored of me, you know? And I don't want to have to face that anytime soon.

I walk over to my locker remembering that's there's only two more weeks of school left and finally I'm done with this place. I open my locker and a note falls onto the ground.

Curiously, I pick it up and unfold it to read the note.

"If you're Zendaya, and you're reading this right now, then that means I actually got your locker number right because I was sure I didn't really know it. But meet me in the bio lab on the c hallway. I gotta talk to you."

~ Dad- Trevor.

I smile widely at the letter especially at how he signed his name. He must've been either dumb or writing in pen because "dad" is scratched out.

He's still a dickface.

I put the note in my back pocket of my jeans and put a few books into my locker before closing it.

"Zendaya!" Marissa yells out to me and my head immediately shoots up at the sound of her voice. She walks over to me, grabs my hand eagerly and leads me into the nearest janitor's closet.

"Hey, Marissa. Um, quick question." I say politely to her trying not too hard to consume the fumes of cleaning supplies and bleach.

"Yeah." She says alertly.

"What ever happened to just talking to me at my locker?" I shrug my shoulders as she laughs off my comment.

"I can't just talk about this out in the open. Rumors can spread so easily. Tell me about you know, Trevor." She winks at me and memories from last night immediately enter my mind again.

"Marissa, I don't exactly feel like talking about this right now." I try to tell her without coming off rude but she still insists I tell her what happened.

"Come on Zendaya, spill it. Did he kiss you? Are you guys dating?!" She squeals in excitement.

"Marissa, I said I don't–"

"Z! Just tell me! Don't keep secrets from me! I mean I basically already know what happened because you guys seem so perfect for each other and–"

"I turned him down, Marissa." I yell over her and almost automatically, she shuts up and focuses on me speaking.

"Wait, what? You did what?" She asks me with open ears.

"Him and I aren't dating because I turned him down." I instantly start to regret it but at the same time I'm glad I did. Why risk something that we already have?

"Zendaya.. Aw, why did you? You don't like him?" She asks me as she steps towards me.

"I do like him.. So much actually. But I've never been in a relationship before, you know that. I mean, what if he gets bored of me? Or I mess something up? I don't want to lose him that easily." I admit to her.

"Come on Z. Let's face it, you've changed him. When he first got here all he cared about was kissing random girls and hopefully being able to drive them home later. But then he got attracted to you. A girl who's never had a boyfriend before, who's really into dogs, and a girl who constantly argues with him over the little things." This is why I can say I have the best friend in the world.