Chapter 11- Dog Days

Start from the beginning

“Ok, just to briefly run through the schedule for today.” Mom begins standing in the kitchen with her bag and car keys, “I’m brings Julia to dance practice now, Josh has a game at three today if anyone wants to go. I’ll be home by noon, I’ll bring Josh to his game-”

“I thought we were going to the mall!” Julia shouts from somewhere in the house.

“Correction I’ll be home by two, then I’ll bring Josh to his game. Everyone please be home by six for dinner so we can eat together.” Mom finishes in one breath. “Love you, bye.” She waves leaving the house with Julia behind her.

“I’m leaving for work in ten minutes.” Jill announces. “Did you notice how mom was really emphasizing for us to be home?” Jill points out with curiosity lacing in her voice.

“She wants us home so we can all eat dinner together for the first time, big deal.” I shrug, continuing to stare at my evil fake girlfriend in front of me.

In the meantime as everyone is leaving to do their daily thing, Sky has entered the unannounced staring contest with me. Slowly everyone started to leave the kitchen, Josh left to change since Sky offered me to play soccer with him in the backyard. “Consider it bonding time.” She said when Josh left for upstairs and I was still staring at her. “Why have you been staring at me for the past twenty minutes?” Sky asks aggravated crossing her arms against her chest.

“I want my phone.” I said slowly and sternly to her, sipping the milk out of my bowl.

“I don’t have your phone for the fifth time.” She responded in the same tone as me.

“Yes you do.”

“No I don’t.”

I glared at her, pushing my cereal bowl away as I leaned back in the chair and crossed my arms over my chest like her, “Where did you get the silly string?” I interrogated her.

A smile spread across her lips as she moved her hair behind her ear remembering something, “Josh had them in his room.” She giggled. “Stop being such a buzz kill.”

“I just want my phone back and my book to be de-grease-afied.” I muttered getting up from the table and putting my bowl in the sink.

“Well I don’t have your phone and as for your book it will heal and you’ll move on to the next page and forget all about it.” Sky comments, “Right now you should get your head out of the book and go bond with your little brother.” She says coming behind me and patting my back.

The good thing about Josh is because we live in the same house and under the same roof, it’s hard for him to keep a grudge. He moves on so quickly. So whatever he was mad about yesterday and defensive of, he’s totally passed it. I went in my room and changed out of my PJs, throwing them in the laundry basket since it reeked of silly string essences. My whole room smelled because of that stuff.

Before walking out of my room Sky walked in, leaning against the door frame. “So dinner tonight with your family, huh?”

“Yep.” I reply pulling a shirt over my head.

“Are going to stay this time or run off?” She smirked pulling her hair into a hair tie. I grinned exiting the room while slapping her ass on the way out. She scoffed at me angrily marching into the guest room, “Pig.” I heard her mumble.

“Are you scared to eat with my family?” I joked laughing at her.

“I’ve visited your entire family before even having dinner with your mom and siblings. I think I’m alright.” Sky glowered grabbing clothes out of the wardrobe.