9- "Good going, Baweja. Keep fantasizing about me."

Start from the beginning

*Interviewer steps in clearing her throat* 😅 Yahaloo, minna san~ Ogenki desuka? Watashi wa, anata no subete ga Happy April fools day!!! 🙌

(Props to you if you understood that. Yes, I know a bit of Japanese) Hope you liked this surprise as well. Remember I did a similar thing on Stupid in Love last year? Haha, I know you love me. I love you too. 😎 Now, without wasting any more time, let's move on to the REAL chapter.

⚫⚪⚫⚪

9- “Good going, Baweja. Keep fantasizing about me.”

VANSH

I stepped inside the office premises in my usual office attire, greeted my peers as usual, sat in my cubicle as usual. In other words, I behaved as usual as it usually would be. So far it was like any other day.

You're thinking too much, dude. She must have forgotten about that filmy deal already. Maybe wouldn't even show up today.

My self conscious might have a point. I would have understood if it was college but office, no way! We were grown ups here. I mean who would be crazy enough play a cat and mouse game in a prestigious—

“Mornin' Irfan!” I heard that same deep, accentuated voice from afar that challenged me last Friday. I could clearly see her past the side of my cubicle where she was greeting Irfan. I was just about to look away when she turned her head to me, making my shoulders go stiff. “And a good morning to you too, Baweja.” Her eyes crinkled a bit as she pulled up a plastic smile.

“Morning,” I greeted, out of formality.  In all of the one and a half months I started working here, I could swear this was the first time she initiated a greeting towards me. Even Irfan seemed a little baffled that she looked my way. Not only that, but she was walking towards my desk as well.

“You have your desktop on, right? I need to check on something,” she said as she reached behind me. Her hand extended towards the mouse on my right, causing her to bend to my level. A fresh wave of perfume filled my nostrils that smelled of jasmine and lavender. Her cheeks were almost touching mine. My jaw clenched out of its own accord as I realized her act. “I hope you remember our conversation from that fateful Friday night. I'll let you know that the game is still on and I intend to woo you till the end... No way, even you don't have that 3A- section schematics file I'm searching for. I swear I sent out a copy somewhere...” She said, her tone immediately transforming to a dedicated employee as Richie passed our side of the office. He casually asked her what was wrong while she explained it in a way that even I would believe her lie. This woman surely knew how to mince away with words. She turned to me with that playful smile once he was gone. “Well, you can always say 'I quit' if you find me too irresistible to bear.” 

I gave a sarcastic laugh as I rotated my chair to her direction, “You couldn't even make a single hair on my neck stand so don't worry about me. I'm more than fine.”

“Not even with this great tunic dress I wore for the first time today,” she said, pointing her hand to herself. When I gave nothing away, her lips twitched instead of drooping, “Great! See you around.”

I clutched my hands to my head, cussing in my head after she was gone. Why the hell did I say that to provoke her more? I knew it was an instinct that came from accepting challenges in the past. Ankit and I were used to facing many of those kinds in school. This was no different. If I consider this carefully, it wasn't that big of a deal as my mind was framing out to be. I mean what else she could do, really besides dressing up nicely and flirting. From the way, she behaved with our boss earlier, it was clear that her professional reputation mattered to her. She wouldn't cross her boundaries. If I think about the free treats I would get from the canteen then these fifteen days would pass away like a breeze. It was going to be all fine now.