Ginny was just about to go get her diary when a voice called "Ginny!"

Ginny looked up to see Percy striding across the Common Room toward her. Ginny searched her mind for something she might've done wrong for Percy to come scold her.

"Ginny you look pale. I think you're coming down with a cold," said Percy.

"I'm fine Percy, really," said Ginny.

"No, you look sick. I'm going to bring you to see Madam Pomfrey," said Percy bossily.

"Oh leave her alone Percy," said Ron as he took out one of Harry's knights. "If she says she's fine! She's probably fine!"

"She does look rather pale," said Hermione doubtfully, looking up from her homework.

"Thank you for your support Hermione. I'm bringing her," said Percy.

"Percy! I don't want to!" Said Ginny.

Percy grabbed her arm and tried to pull her out of her chair. Ginny made her body go limp so she flopped all over. Percy let go and angrily fixed his glasses.

"Ginny if you don't come to the hospital wing with me right now, I'm writing to mum!"

Ginny jumped up. "I'm coming! I'm coming!"

So she headed up to the Hospital Wing with Percy. Her worries were forgotten when she took a dose of Pepperup potion. The spiciness made her nose clear immediately.

"Your head might be steaming for a few hours but the cold will clear up immediately," Madam Pomfrey told her briskly.

"Steaming?" said Ginny dubiously.

Madam Pomfrey lifted up a mirror. Ginny turned red when she saw the steam pouring out from beneath her hair.

"I don't think I'll go to lunch today Percy," Ginny told her brother as they left the Hospital Wing. She was thinking woefully of her steaming head.

"Nonsense," said Percy. "Of course you're coming to lunch!"

"But-"

"There's no buts about it," said Percy. "It's my responsibility to look over you Ginny. Mum would kill me if I let you skip a meal,"

That was probably true. So, not wanting to be the cause of her brothers untimely death, Ginny headed into the great hall with her brother.

As Ginny was far from the first person to be given a Pepperup potion, the attention attracted by her steaming head was mostly in her imagination. Of course Fred and George had to make a few jokes about it, and Colin said in delight "Wow! It looks like your heads on fire? Can I take a picture?"

So she was rather subdued through lunch.

"Are you feeling better Ginny?"

Ginny realized it was Harry who had spoken to her. She dropped her fork with a clatter. She dove under the table to retrieve it and emerged with flaming cheeks to go along with her steamy hair.

"Yes," Ginny said in a small voice.

Harry was so nice. He was so kind and brave and good. But he would never like her back, and Ginny knew it.

🦇🦇🦇

Viola smirked as Ginny came into the library. The steam pouring out from under her vivid hair have the impression that her whole head was on fire. Her and her gang of Gryffindors had headed into a row of books.

Viola was at a table in the library with the other Slytherins. She was now not only doing Bertha and Morgana's homework, but all the Slytherins homework with the exception of Ava and a couple of the boys. If it was the only way Viola was going to make friends, then she was more than willing to do it.

"Here's next weeks homework Harper. Oh, and Avery, I finished your History of Magic essay. Bertha can I have your potions assignment?"

Bertha handed Viola a paper and Viola immediately got to work. She didn't pay any attention as the other Slytherins fooled around by playing a game called "Dodge Madam Pince" - Madam Pince was the vulture like librarian who guarded her books like they were her children.

"Hello Viola!" called a cheery voice.

David Harper and Avery Flint paused in the middle of levitating books. Viola looked around. She inwardly groaned as she saw Hugo skipping over with his Hufflepuff scarf askew. Viola glanced around at the other Slytherins. She knew Hugo was the last sort of person they would be associating themselves with.

"What do you want Hugo?" Viola asked as the boy stopped beside her. He had apparently forgotten about Viola's threat to jinx his face off.

"To say hi," said Hugo. He peered at Bertha's homework in front of Viola. "What're you working on?"

"Nothing," snapped Viola, slapping her hand down to cover up the paper.

Hugo's eyebrows rose.

"Okay...can I sit with you?" He asked.

"No!" Said Viola.

"Why not?"

"I don't want you to."

"That isn't a valid reason!"

"Yes it is!"

"No it's not,"

"Will you please just leave Hugo?"

"No. Not until you give me a valid reason!"

"Fine. If you don't leave now, I will hex you!"

"Fine, go ahead," said Hugo. He crossed his hands over his chest and glared at her defiantly.

Viola looked around at the Slytherins. They were all waiting to see what Viola would do. Morgana's eyes sparkled maliciously. Viola swallowed hard.

"Impetavesper Bogalysis!" Viola cried throwing out her wand and jumping from her seat.

It was called the Bat Bogey Hex. She'd found it in a book the other day. If properly conducted it would turn the targets bogeys into bat like things which attacked your face. Viola wasn't sure it would work, but it did. Not to the full extent of the hex's power, but enough to form two Bogey bats.

Hugo screeched as they attacked his face and fled from the library. The Slytherins laughter followed him out.

"That was awesome!" said Avery Flint.

Viola looked around and was shocked to see looks of admiration on their faces. Had she actually managed to impress them?

"Even I have to admit it," said Morgana. "That was good. You showed that kid!"

Viola felt a small smile spreading over her lips. The guilt of attacking Hugo was lost in the bliss of receiving praise.