Viola frowned.

"No! That's cheating!" She said.

Bertha and Morgana seemed to close in on her. Morgana gave a sickeningly sweet smile.

"Viola, it's not cheating! It's helping! We would so appreciate it! After all, what are friends for?" said Morgana, her green eyes glittered.

Friends.

"Well..." said Viola doubtfully. "I suppose it would be alright if I were just correcting your papers and such-"

"No!" said Bertha. "Of you're going to do our homework you're going to do it all! Not just look over it!"

Morgana rolled her eyes. While Morgana possessed the gift of tact, Bertha did not. In fact Bertha's words changed Viola's mind completely.

"Well, no then." Viola folded her arms. "I'm not going to do your dirty work for you," she said frostily.

Bertha and Morgana glanced at each other.

"Please," said Morgana in a persuading tone. "So much of our time is taken up by homework-"

"So you are trying to tell me your time is more valuable then my own?" Said Viola boldly. "No. I won't do it. Now excuse me, I'm watching the giant squid."

It was then Viola learned you never turn your back on your enemies. As soon as she'd whirled around to face the lake, she felt a shove from behind. Viola let out a shriek as she went tumbling into the lake, and this time there was no one there to catch her. She landed with a splash in the frigid water.

Viola had gone swimming only a few times previously in her life, as she didn't live anywhere close to water, and her parents rarely took her on outings unless absolutely necessary. There for she's never really learned to swim well, and she could barely manage the doggy-paddle.

Her limbs went numb as she floundered in the muck and reeds and her lungs resisted the lack of air.
Her feet found the ground. Viola stood with hair plastered to her face and her soaking wet robes hanging around her. The first sound that met her ears was the sound of laughter.

Viola turned around. Bertha was bent over on laughter while Morgana had an evil smile plastered on her face. But they weren't the only ones laughing, other students were to.

"Ewwwww!" Viola heard Wish shriek.

Viola found Ginny in the group of Gryffindors. She wasn't laughing like the others around her, but her hands were crossed over her chest and she wasn't coming to help either. And Viola knew if Luna or anyone else had been the one pushed in, Ginny would've been running to help.

Viola spat out a mouthful of mud angrily. She would never be friends with Ginny Weasley. Why should she be? Ginny didn't deserve it. Ginny had everything anyone could want -she was popular, pretty, smart, funny, brave and had a family who loved her- yet she just stood by an watched as Viola, who was much less fortunate than her, was bullied. No Viola was pushed to the side and replaced by people like Colin and Luna. No. Viola didn't want to be friends with Ginny anymore. In fact, Viola hated Ginny.

Viola looked up at Bertha and Morgana.

"I'll do it," Viola said. "I'll do your homework for you,"

She would have to make friends somehow. Maybe she'd been looking further than she had to.

Morgana smirked. "That's what I thought,"

Viola clambered out of the pond. She was dripping and shivering.

"Do you happen to know a drying spell?" Viola asked.

"Sorry no," said Morgana without much sincerity. "Here's next weeks work-" Morgana dumped a stack of papers by Viola's abandoned books. "-it's all due by Monday,"

"Monday but that's-" Viola started but Morgana and Bertha were already walking away. Viola sighed and continued in an undertone. "-only two days away,"

She sighed as she pulled off her sight robes. Jinx, who must have jumped off her before she toppled in, scurried back up her arm. Viola sighed and looked at the rat. His long whiskers tickled her nose.

"Well Jinx," she whispered. "They certainly aren't the friends I've envisioned...but maybe their not as bad as they seem,"

Jinx's nose twitched uncertainly. Viola supposed he was remembering when Bertha screeched at him.

The other students had soon forgotten all about the girl pushed into the lake and went about their previous business.

Viola was left cold, soaked, covered in mud, and alone.