One-on-One

Penelope may be a tough nut to crack, but I think she is getting there! I hope you enjoy! 

TGIF was all I kept thinking as I put the finishing touches on my last project. It had been a long week full of deadlines. I was so ready to go home and relax with a glass of wine and a good book. Who needed a love life when you had romance novels?

My phone vibrated on my desk. It was a text from Noel.

Noel: Drinks tonight?

Me: What about Zumba?

Noel: We'll try next week. Plus we have our session Saturday.

Me: I'm tired. Think I'll stay in.

Noel: You always stay in and read your fairy tales. Come out so you can meet your real life prince charming.

Reed's muscled body popped into my head. The feel of his large hand on my hip gave me tingles down below. Ugh, I was not looking for a prince charming. Why Reed popped into my mind at Noel's ridiculous suggestion I have no idea.

Me: I don't need a prince charming. I'm an independent woman. 

Noel: Independence won't fulfill your needs in the bedroom. Come on, we won't stay out long.

Me: Fine. I'm not staying out past ten. I need to be rested before our dreaded session in the morning.

Noel: At least we will have eye candy! :) Meet at our spot at six-thirty.

Feeling good about my work I finally left the office. Once I got home I freshened up my makeup. I stood in front of the full-length mirror in my bedroom debating between a flowy off the shoulder dress or simple jeans and cute top. I settled on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans that hugged my curves, black pumps, and a maroon blouse.

I met Noel at our favorite bar. It was a pretty low key place. They played mostly R&B and had decently priced drinks. When I arrived Noel was sitting at the bar chatting with a very sexy man. I could tell as soon as I saw her that she was in full charmer mode.

"Hey, Pen!" Noel enveloped me into a hug. "This is James. He's a partner at a law firm."

This was her way of telling me he had money without being super blatant. I offered my hand to him to shake. He took it in his and greeted me with a smile. The three of us sat around drinking and talking for a few hours. I was getting tired and decided it was time for me to make my exit.

"Noel, I'm beat. I'm going to head home. I want to be well rested for tomorrow."

Noel gave me a pouty face, but I knew she wasn't really sad. If the night ended how she wanted she wouldn't be going home alone.

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning then."

I gave her a quick hug and told her to be safe. I sent a small wave to James and headed out to my car. I was happy to be getting home earlier than expected. When I got home I showered then curled up with my book boyfriend until I fell asleep.

The next morning my alarm went off at eight. I didn't need much time to get ready and the gym wasn't far from my place. After dressing in yoga pants and an old t-shirt I grabbed a bottle of water and headed for the door.

I called Noel on my way to the gym, but her phone rang until voicemail picked up. I didn't bother to leave her a message because I knew she wouldn't listen to it. I'd just have to see her there. Ten minutes later I was standing outside of the gym. I tried to call Noel again, but it went to voicemail.

Me: Where are you? It's 8:55!

I waited a minute for her response before walking into the lobby. As soon as I walked in I saw him. Reed was standing behind the counter speaking with a petite blonde. He must have heard the door jingle because he looked up and right at me. A gorgeous smile split his face. I think my heart stopped for a brief moment.