He simply looked over his glasses at her, completely unamused, before stating. "No."

That day was extremely interesting, and I still hadn't figured out what happened by the time the bell rang and dismissed us. I caught up to Ryan as he walked down the hallway.

"Hey! Ryan!" I called, shoving past a sea of kids. "Hold on!"

He stopped and turned around, his eyes sending shivers down my spine when they met mine.

"Uh, I just wanted to thank you for that," I fumbled before laughing a little. "And that last line was really good."

A smiled played across his face, "Thanks, I was proud of that one, too." He shook his shaggy black hair, his smile fading, "And don't thank me for it. What Zoe did was awful. I meant what I said, actually, I should've said more. No one deserves that, okay? Especially not you."

Before I could find something else to say he said somberly, "I've got to get to science. I'll see you around, Lynn."

"See ya'," I replied softly, but he was already gone.

Now it was Thursday, and things hadn't calmed down by any means, but I'd gotten used to them. I packed up my things as the bell rang, Mr.Altman reminding us to study for our test tomorrow as we rushed out of the door.

"Hey, Lynn?" I looked up to see Ryan looking back down at me.

I pulled my book bag onto my shoulder, standing up. "What's up?"

"Do you want to study after school at a restaurant or something?" he asked, smiling lightly.

"Uh, yeah, sure. I'll have to ask Josh but I'm pretty sure," I blurted out. He started walking off before I stopped him, "Uh, Ryan?"

"Yeah?" he turned on his heels.

"By studying, you mean actually studying, right?" I asked uneasily.

Ryan laughed, his eyes sparkling. "Yes, Lynn, actual studying."

"Cool," I nodded, and he headed off. I mentally face-palmed; I was an idiot.

I called Josh as I unpacked my things in my locker. He picked up almost immediately.

"Hey Lynn!" Josh answered eagerly. "Anything wrong?"

"Nope, everything's good," I smiled as I dropped my biology textbook into my bag. "Actually, I was wondering if I could stay after school with a friend to study for a history test."

"Sure, yeah!" Josh answered quickly. He paused slightly, "What friend?"

"Uh, Ryan." I sensed his wariness and laughed a little, "Don't worry, its actual studying. And also, we'll be done in time to get back home and watch X-Files."

Josh laughed a little, "That's good. Do you need me to pick you up and bring you home?"

"Not really, it should be pretty close to our apartment," I shrugged slamming my locker shut. "I can just walk."

"Okay, just be back by five, okay?" he asked warily.

"Promise," I assured him. "Alright, I've got to get to science. Bye, Josh."