14 Mutual Feelings

Start from the beginning

“Anything.”

He kicks off his runners and sheds his jumper, “Come back to the bedroom.”

I hear my phone ring as I enter the room. Crawling over to my side of the bed, I take the small device off my nightstand, “It’s Riel. Do you mind?”

He shakes his head as he takes off his t-shirt and walks to my closet.

“Hello?” I answer as I watch my husband grab two pairs of pajama bottoms.

Her voice comes over the phone loud and high-pitched, “OH MY GOD I JUST SAW YOUR INTERVIEW!”

I chuckle not letting my gaze waver. Getting more comfortable, I lean my back against my headboard and cross my legs at my ankles, “I should have figured.”

“You guys were amazing. I can’t believe you’re staying together. I’m so happy that you’re happy,” she gushes.

Topher catches me looking as he walks out of my closet. I swallow loudly, but try to concentrate of the conversation I’m having, “How do you know we’re staying married?”

“I could read it on your faces,” she tells me as if it obvious. “You’ll realize you love him soon.”

“Mm,” I make a noise of agreement as I watch my best friend walk to my side of the bed, “I don’t believe in love.” My lips become dry as he stops right next to me. Licking them wet again, I look into his eyes, “Riel says she saw our interview.”

I vaguely hear her shout, “He’s there?”

“Did she see us dance?” he asks me plain-faced when he drops the two pairs of bottoms on my lap.

“Yea,” I answer him without even asking her. My eyes rake down his body slowly, stopping at his waistband, before making the same path up.

“Is he staying at your place?” Riel’s voice breaks me out of my trance.

Clearing my throat, I nod even though she can’t see me, “Yea,” I make sure to capture his gaze. “We’re moving in together.”

A smile finally hits his lips he reaches for the button on his jeans. Taking a step back, my best friend pushes off his trousers leaving him in only his boxers. My eyes won’t look away no matter how many times I tell them that it isn’t polite to stare.

“You are?!” our dark-skinned friend questions loudly.

Handing him a pair of the pajamas from my lap, I chuckle, “Yea. I think we’ll stay at his, though.”

He pulls up the pajamas and climbs onto the bed. Toph sits cross-legged next to my knees and holds a hand out to me. When I take it, he pulls my body forward and at grabs the hem of my shirt, pulling up.

“So you really have thought about it? Did he admit to anything yet?” my female friend continues our conversation without the knowledge of what’s going on at our end.

I chuckle as he starts to strip off my shirt, “He actually did.”

“I knew it,” she confirms and I can almost see her smug smile. “Were you mad?”

I take the phone away from my face for a second so he can take my shirt all the way off. Putting my cell back, I answer looking into Toph’s blue eyes, “No, it’s not a big deal.”

“What was that noise? What are you doing?” she interrogates me through our wireless phones.

I have to bite my lip when my best friend reaches for the button on my trousers, “Nothing. We’re just getting ready for bed.”