Dark Hooks

Olivia loved spending time with Princess Anne who was growing in a very beautiful and intelligent young lady. She also became a good with the Queen with whom she exchanged many letters. During the time Olivia even became Queen's confidant. She was devastated when she found out that her beloved sister became King's mistress because she knew how much that upset Her Majesty who truly loved her husband. Olivia was also sad for her sister who King tossed off after two months, like some old rag. She heard how people talked about Cecily, they called her a Great Whore. Thankfully their father managed to arrange a marriage for her. Just a month ago Cecily was wed and she wrote to Olivia saying that her new husband treats her well and that she is happy.

Lately, she heard stories that King thought himself in love with Lady Agate Clifford. Olivia saw lady only a few times and she thought her rather plain and boring.

"Lady Olivia, I have to ask you something?"Said, Princess, one afternoon while they were sewing clothes for poor.

"Yes, Princess?"

"Is it true that my father is having new whore?" Olivia was shocked by Princesses choice of words.

"Princess, you shouldn't talk like that. It isn't how a lady should speak, let alone a Princess. What would your mother think if she heard you speak like this?"

"I'm sorry, lady,Olivia. So is it true?"

"I don't know princess, there is some talk about some lady named Agate Clifford, but that can be just a talk."

"My mother loves my father so much, why must he do that to her? Do all men take mistresses?"

"No, my father was faithful to my mother," Olivia replied.

"Your mother was a lucky woman."

"She was. Maybe you will be lucky as well one day."

"I hope so."

***

Henry was riding his horse. He wanted to visit his daughter Anne. It's been a while since he last saw her. His mind shifted to his new lady love, his pure angel, Lady Agate. She was so gentle and good and refused to become his mistress because she was virtuous and pure, a true angel. He could never hurt her. She was so different from Katherine. Agate was submissive and she never meddled in his affairs. She would be a good wife and Queen, and she would bore him a son. Queen Agate, it sounded so good. He was sure that his people will love her as much as he loves her. Surely they will see that God Himself sent her to him to give him an heir.

When he arrived in Hatfield he found Anne in the garden with some lady. They were reading something. When they noticed him they sank into a deep curtsy. He came closer to them.

"You may rise, "He said, "Anne, my Pearl, you have grown so much."He hugged his dear daughter, but his eyes were on her lady. She was boldly looking him in eyes. She had such beautiful eyes. He was lost in them. And her hair was so dark, like a night. She was beautiful. He mustn't think of her, he must think of his sweet Agate. But when Anne let him out of hug he had to ask her.

"And what is your name, my lady? I'm sorry, but I can't remember your name"

"Olivia, Oliva Austin. And we didn't meet before."She said with a cold voice. So, she was the sister of his ex-mistress.

"You may go, Lady Austin, I wish to be alone with my daughter, and we have to discuss a lot of things"

She sank in a curtsy, but she didn't take eyes off him. He was captured by her dark hooks.

***

Olivia was confused. Why did she look at the King like that? When she looked at him some weird electricity passed through her body. And he was looking at her. She was surprised how handsome he was. He was tall and athletic. She imagined him like an old and fat man, but he was completely different.

"Lady Olivia, the Princess is calling you, she wishes you to bring her a book."

"I'm coming."

When she came in the garden, King and Anne were sitting on the bench near the small lake.

"Lady Olivia, my daughter said that you often read to her. Well, I wish you to read to us now. My pearl said that you have a beautiful voice."

"Her Highness is far too kind. It will be my pleasure."

***

Agate Clifford was in her new chambers which King gifted to her when she caught his eye. She was angry that he left her to see his daughter.

"So the King said that he loves you, Agate?"Her brother Edward asked

"Yes, he did, he also asked to serve me, like Lancelot and he said that he wished I was his Queen. Imagine that."

"That is great Agate, you will raise our family, and we will be forever remembered. Do you know you really could become Queen?"

"But what of Queen Katherine?"

"She is barren and King needs son that you will give him." Albert, her other brother said

"And what about the Princess?"

"She can be declared a bastard."

"King loves her, he would never do that."

"Just act like you did and he will do that, don't worry sister, you're children will be Princes and Princesses