Chapter 08

They started practice with me, like always, sitting at the side of the room, doing my homework. One month passed, everyday goes by the same and Hana came more and more often to the entertainment. One fine day, they were practicing, Mingyu received a call.

Mingyu

The caller: Is this Mr Kim Mingyu?

Me: Ye. Who is this?

The caller: This is the hospital. Your Mom woke up and currently getting checked by the doctor now. You can come by anytime to see her.

Me: Jinjja? Thank you! I'll be there as soon as possible.

The call ended. I apologised for interrupting the practice and walked towards Min Seo. 'Dongsaeng-ya! Eomeoni woke up! She just woke up!' I cried and Min Seo burst into tears of joy. The others looked at us and smiled. 'You guys better go there now to see her.' Seungcheol screamed across the room. 'Is it okay if I bring JiSoo there?' MinSeo asked. 'Ye.' I smiled as we asked the rest if we could take him with us. We grabbed our bags and wore our masks with a cap then left the entertainment in the black van.

Min Seo

We finally got to the hospital and got to the administrative counter. 'Which ward is Mrs Kim Eun Yee in?' Mingyu asked. 'She's in the private ward, Ward thirty-six' The Nurse replied. 'Thank you.' We thanked the nurse then walked to the ward. Mingyu pulled open the door and we walked in. I was really nervous. I had the trauma of leaving with my parents when I was young and now, I have to admit that I'm still scared of my Mother.

Mingyu sat down and I held Joshua's hand with a hand on Mingyu's shoulder. Eomeoni was eating her lunch while we walked in. 'Eomeoni, are you feeling better?' Mingyu asked. 'Mingyu-ya, I'm feeling much better. Is this Min Seo?' Eomeoni grabbed my hand and asked. 'Annyeonghasayo, I'm Min Seo.' Eomeoni had tears in her eyes.

'Min Seo-ya, you're all grown up.' She cried as she embraced me. 'Mrs Kim, it's a pleasure to meet you.' I pulled away and had that feeling of not accepting her as my Mother. I did not like her. She hurt me after she decided to send me to America. I really wanted to know the answer to why I was sent to America.

She looked at me, loss of words. Mingyu did not even say a word. Joshua held onto my hand, knowing that I was lost, he knew how much I did not like the idea of meeting my parents. 'Are you alright?' Joshua came closer and rest his chin on my head then whispered.

I turned and answered,' Yes.' I turned and asked,' Can I have a word with Ms Kim?' Mingyu was about to talk when Eomeoni replied,' Mingyu, please excuse us. Thank you.' Mingyu and Joshua walked out to wait outside while I sat down on the chair beside her.

'Mrs Kim, may I ask you something?'

'Yes, you may.'

'Why was I send to America when I was five?'

She looked at me and held my hand.

'I think that you deserve to know the truth now. Min Seo-ya, the reason why you were sent there was because you were not biologically related to Mingyu. Mingyu's father isn't your father. I was pregnant with you when I married his father after Mingyu's mother ran away.

Your biological father died. I accepted Mingyu as my child. Mingyu was two when I became his stepmother. Once Mingyu's father found out that I had you, he threatened to kill you. He only accepted you when you were brought to the world. As you started to grow up as a toddler, the hatred within him came back. As he threatened me to kill you, I made the choice of sending you away in order to keep you alive. Your grandmother loved you and she accepted to take care of you. Mingyu knew about this as he overheard your father and I quarreling which was when he decided to leave the house.'

She started crying as she explained. 

'I still feel guilty until this day. I regretted until this day that I sent you away for someone. I'm so sorry.'

She tried to get off the bed when I stopped her and said,' Don't blame yourself. The only thing you did was to keep me alive. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here talking to you right now. Eomeoni, kamsahamida.' I stood up and bowed while tears rolled down my cheeks.

'What did you call me?'

'Eomeoni.' I wiped off her tears and embraced her.  Mingyu and Joshua walked in while I stood up from the chair. 'Eomeoni, we are going off alright?' Mingyu said. We bid goodbye and went on the van.

I looked at Mingyu while I sat in the middle of both of them. 'Oppa, can I ask you something?'

'Ne.'

'Why did you take care of me so well when you knew that I wasn't your biological sister?'

He looked at me and continued.

'I guess Eomeoni told you, huh? The reason why was because I accepted the fact that my Biological mother didn't want me and I had a new mother with a new sister but I knew the fact that my father didn't accept you and it was really difficult for you. I wanted to protect you.'

'Oppa...' I cried. I turned to Joshua who was looking ot of the window. I held onto Joshua's hand and he asked,' Are you alright? Do you want to talk about it later?'

'I'm okay. You get some rest, alright? You look really tired. Rest here.'

He rested his head on my shoulder as he slowly fall asleep. We went back to the dorm early as the other members were coming back soon. I cooked dinner for the three of us then I cleaned up as usual. We washed up and went to our respective rooms while Joshua came into my room with his laptop.

We laid down on my bed and listen to random slow songs and talk to each other. I rest my head on his chest while he put his left arm around my shoulder. 'Jagiya, you need to be strong alright? Saranghae, Jagi!' He kissed the top of my head.

I sat up and kissed his cheek. 'Saranghae, Oppa!'  I was going to kiss him when the other members came home and opened my room door, finding me. 'MinSeo-ssi! Hana is here!' Hoshi opened the door. We walked to the living room and since it was Friday, Hana decided to sleep over in my room.

We spent the whole night talking about our lives and even boys. She told me about Hansol. She said that Hansol confessed and she accepted. She really loves him.

Then someone knocked in the door. It opened then JiSoo and Hansol walked in. JiSoo and I sat on my bed while Hansol and Hana sat on Hana's bed which was on the floor. JiSoo and I were talking when he suddenly became really serious.

'Min Seo-ssi, I'm sorry that I can't bring you out on dates like normal couples do.'

I sat up and sat in front of him. 'Ya! Hong JiSoo, you silly! I love you, because of a million reasons and not being able to go out on a date with you, will never be a reason why I won't love you. Ji Soo-ya, Saranghae!' I explained. 'Ya! Hong JiSoo, why are you so seriou-' He leaned forward and kissed me. He broke the kiss and embraced me in his arms.

Someone knocked on the door and obviously, it was Seventeen's mother, Jeonghan. 'Kids, it's time for bed.' Bringing Joshua and Hansol out of our room. Hansol gave Hana a good night kiss while Joshua gave a hug then left the room. I knew that they could rest for the next two days, during the weekends, so I turned in early.