Prologue

Hi! I'm Belle Kim, as known as Min Seo. I'm half-American and half-Korean. My Mother is an American while my Father is a Korean.

They were married for twenty years but divorced recently which is why I'm moving back to Korea to stay with my father from Los Angeles, America. I had an older brother but we got separated when we were very young.

I stayed in Korea until I was five years old and was sent to America to study then ended up growing up in my Maternal Grandmother's house.

My parents were not really a fond of me when I was in Korea. All the attention was on my brother, Mingyu. Oppa was always looking out for me. I was once bullied by spoilt boys of my age and he stood up for me. I really wished one day I would meet him again and the day had finally come.

My brother stays in Korea now and I could not believe that I'm finally going back home. My life in America had not been the best.

Back in America, I was in a Classical school band and I was the main pianist. I was a student with straight As and was kind of a nerd. I was not as pretty as the popular girls of my school, therefore, I was being bullied in school and being pushed around by the mean kids. I had to change my glasses more than five times for the previous years.

Sometimes, I even wished that my brother was here with me to fight my battles with me. On the last day of school, it was a sad farewell, I had to leave the Band and had to leave my friends, most importantly, my ex-Boyfriend which I could not forget.

He was someone which I thought of being different from others but he was the same. We were together for one year until I found out that he had been cheating on me for months. He was a bad boy who I thought were different from the others but, three months ago, I saw him with another girl, kissing and hugging each other. I was filled with embarrassment as he dumped me in front of the whole school and I was called a joke. This incident became a terrible memory in my mind. That made me lose trust in everyone.

My family did not know about this and not even my grandmother. The only thing I could do was to cry out silently by myself. My friends knew about this but I kept the answers from them. I knew they had their problems too and decided not to add any trouble to them. I was a person who liked to keep things to myself.

Put all these behind, I'm glad that I got to live my life differently for the second time. I'm flying to South Korea now and seeing the only person I want to see now.

Hope for the best!