Jolly Good Time

(AU Where the gems celebrate holidays)

The smell of cookies and eggnog filled the air. 

Joyful laughs echoed throughout the temple as the gems decorated the walls with shiny ornaments. 

"Ya ready to get a whole bunch'a presents Ste-man?" Amethyst asked enthusiastically.

"You bet!"he replied happily,"I can't wait for you to see what I got for all of you though!"

The gems all laughed and smiled warmly.

"I'm sure we'll all love it, Steven," Pearl said warmly as she carefully adjusted a red ribbon, making sure it was perfectly straight.

Jasper rolled her eyes at the gem's quintessential nature before ruffling Steven's hair,"We sure will."

The boy smiled up at the gem widely and hugged her legs. Something Jasper had to get used to after joining the Crystal gems, post corruption.

After finally feeling satisfied with her work, Pearl turned to Steven," Are you ready to put the star at the top, Steven?"

The boy nodded enthusiastically,"Yeah!"

The gems all chuckled as Jasper and Garnet knelt down to pick the child up. They handed him the star and watched as her carefully sat it at the top.

They all cheered and looked at their hard work.

"I really appreciate you all putting this together," Greg said warmly.

"Oh, it was no trouble at all," Pearl smiled.

"Yeah! And the best part about it, is that when it's all over, I can eat all the tree ornaments!" Amethyst laughed.

Pearl's face contorted,"You most certainly will not," she scolded,"We're saving them for next year!" 

Amethyst stuck out her tongue and mocked the other gem.

Lapis chuckled and wrapped her arm around Jasper's bicep,"Man, they argue like a married couple."

The larger gem grinned,"They sure do..."

From behind them, the two gems heard Steven gasp.

They turned around and looked at the boy with a raised eyebrow,"What?" Jasper asked.

Steven giggled and pointed above the gems.

They both looked up to see some sort of leaf hanging above them.

"Uh-Oh," Greg said in a playful tone.

"What's that leaf doing up there?" Lapis asked.

Steven grinned,"It's a mistletoe!"

"A what?" The two gems said in unison.

The boy went on to explain,"If two people get caught under a mistletoe, they have to kiss!"

Jasper and Lapis both blushed deeply.

"Uh, I don't think-" Jasper was cut off by Garnet's hand on her shoulder.

"It's tradition," She smiled.

Jasper looked down at Lapis who returned her gaze. She chuckled and rolled her eyes,leaning down and dipping Lapis before kissing her passionately as the rest of the gems wooed (except for Pearl, who was currently covering Steven's eyes).

When the large gem pulled away,Lapis was a blushing mess. She smiled and hit Jasper's side playfully.

"I'll get you later for that."

"Mm, I'm looking forward to it," Jasper whispered.