5. A Promise To Help

**I dreamed of the ocean. Of all seven seas that I've swam, of reefs and coral life. Of fish from a goliath grouper to a school of sergeant mamo's. Of my hair flowing out over my back as I moved alongside a sea turtle. Then I saw something shine, something sinking into the dark water below.

My curiosity got the best of me and I swam for it. The closer I got, I could see that it glowed. What was it?

I flicked my tail harder until I could reach it and the light shined at me again. As it moved away, I could see that it was a flash light. Underwater?

I grasped it and touched a hand that already had a hold on it. I turned the light down slightly, my hand the only one that's moving.

The light reflected off of green eyes and a beautifully sculpted face.

Harry!

His curls were flowing out from his head, my hold on the light the only thing keeping him from going down. He was so far away from the surface.

He looked......dead.

Just then, he bolted up to me and I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact. A horrible cracking sound was heard and I screamed.**

I screamed, jumping from the menacing noise coming from outside and as another followed, I shuffled around until I fell to the floor.

"Hey, your fine." A hand touched my shoulder and I looked up into the face of Travis. "It was just thunder." He cooed.

I slowly got to my feet and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Or was it a bad dream?" He asked.

"A bit of both, actually." I confessed.

He shuffled around on the bed and swung his legs over the edge so he could sit next to me. "It's okay. We all have bad dreams."

"Did you?"

"Not tonight, but sometimes I do."

"Does the storm not scare you?"

"Well, I like storms..... And before you call me weird, I'll explain why."

I waited patiently.

"After every rain storm, everything looks and feels more alive. The trees are greener, the birds come out after missing the sky, the air feels refreshing."

I tilted my head, watching a smile spread on his face.

"So, while its bad out there now, think of how good it will be afterwards."

He patted the back of my hand that I had in my lap. I nodded to him and we both crawled back into bed.

"How long will this storm last?" I asked after we laid in bed, facing each other with our heads on separate pillows.

"I'm not quite sure." His eyes were already starting to close, but I couldn't fall asleep as easily as he did.

My dream made me miss the ocean. And the fish. And my tail.

And Harry.

I thought of everything about him that I took in on that first day I seen him. His angular face, the way his cheeks automatically dents at the slightest pull-up of his lips, even when he talks. His soft skin. His beautiful green eyes.

The way his motionless lips were still so soft against mine as I tried to breathe air into him.

I closed my eyes and begged for sleep, but I found myself watching Travis in his peaceful slumber.

Is that creepy? I didn't think it was. His face was flawless and his mouth was partly open and his breathing was even, the palm of his right hand pressed against the side of his face as he lay it between his cheek and his pillow.