Gender Analysis

Is "Freedom From Fear" a Concern for Both Men and Women Equally?

In the two articles that have been provided for this assignment we see separate times where presidents of the United states have given inspirational speeches to the public, telling us that we should live our lives without fear to hold us back from the important things in life. There was no discrimination of those needs and rights between races or sexes in these speeches. The presidents that gave these speeches were fair and just. They gave people hope that the world we live in can, one day, be safe and free from fear for all who live in it.

In Roosevelt's speech he talks of equal opportunities and civil liberties for all. He specifically talks of "The ending of the special privilege of the few" which is a wonderful message to promote, and encourages things like medical care to help everyone, and freedom to all worldwide. FDR used his speech to tell how all humans deserve more, and equal, rights.

In Obama's speech he says that "We believe that [all people], if they're willing to work hard [and] if they play by the rules, deserve a fair shot [and] deserve a chance to succeed." The presidents aren't saying that people deserve a chance to succeed – if those people are male, no, they believe that all people, regardless of gender, deserve these rights.

Both presidents use their speeches to discuss the things that are given, or are not given, to us in this world. Things that we need as a nation, as united nations. They say that all people deserve these things if they make the effort for them. The presidents gave these speeches to try to rally the people to see what needs to be done, and I think that they did just that.

- 20 July, 2016