Chapter 11 - It goes off

Elena's P.O.V

I woke up in the morning with my head on his chest. We were lying under the duvet naked.
"Morning Sunshine." Nik mumbled from beside me.
"I didn't know you were awake. I would have said something." I said reaching up to kiss him. "I love you Nik." I whisper.
"I love you too 'Lena." He whispers back and I nuzzle my head into his chest.
"Can we just stay here all day?" I ask and Nik chuckles.
"Sure love. I don't see why not." He said rubbing his hand up and down my arm as I nuzzle further into his chest. We were very peaceful until we heard Bekah shouting up the stairs at us to get our arses out of bed.
"NO BEKAH I WANT ONE DAY IN BED. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? AND I SWEAR TO GOD IF ANY OF YOU WALK INTO THIS BLOODY ROOM I AM GOING TO RIP YOUR BLOODY HEAD OFF!" I scream at her. Nik just chuckles as I nuzzle back into his chest. I slowly doze off.
Elena's Dream
When I wake up I notice Nik isn't in the room and that it's dark outside.
"Nik? Nik! Where are you?" I say getting up and using vamp speed to get dressed. I wander downstairs and into the lounge to see Nik, Bekah, Kol, Bonnie and Elijah lying on the floor with white oak stakes sticking out of their chests.
"No. No. No. No. No. No." I whimper kneeling down next to Nik's body laying his head in my lap while I stroked his face. I pressed a soft kiss to his lips and I blacked out again.
I shot up in bed to see I was alone but it was still light out. I use vamp speed to get dressed and ran downstairs and into the lounge as fast as I could. When I got there I was relieved to see everyone siiting around on the chairs and sofas doing something or other. Nik was drawing. Elijah was reading. Bekah was talking to Bonnie and Kol. Nik's head shot up hearing me enter and when he saw my worried face he vamp sped over to me.
"Elena. Baby. What's wrong?" He asks putting one hand on either side of my face. I shook my head.
"Nothing Nik. Nothing at all." I say but I don't sound very convincing.
"No 'Lena there's something wrong. What is it?" He asks and I can see genuine concern and worry on the faces of everybody in the room.
"It was just a nightmare. See nothing to worry about. It was just a nightmare." I say convincing myself rather than telling everyone else.
"Elena-" Nik starts but I cut him off.
"NO NIK I SAID I'M BLOODY FINE. IT WAS JUST A BLOODY NIGHTMARE!" I shout before vamp speeding out of the house and into the woods near the waterfall. I hear someone walking up behind me. Nik. I can smell his scent on the air.
"Go away Nik." I say wiping away tears that had begun to stream down my face.
"Elena-" He starts yet again so I cut him off yet again.
"DON'T START WITH ME AGAIN NIKLAUS. I SAID GO AWAY. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. I'M SICK OF BEING CODDLED. BUGGER OFF." I say before turning back to the waterfall infront of me. I heard him slowly walking back towards the house and when I heard him enter the house I let the dam break and tears streamed down my face quickly.

Klaus's P.O.V

Elena seemed really torn up about something.
"Nik did you find her?" Bekah asked from the other room.
"Yeah. She just wants to be left alone right now. Infact she wants everyone to bugger off and to stop coddling her." I reply harshly before vamping up to my room which Elena and I share.

It's early next morning when Elena decides to come back and she doesn't come to our room she goes to the guest room in the opposite wing of the house than all of us.

When we were all up and in the lounge everyone asked me where she is.
"She went to a west wing guest room when she got in last night. But I don't know which one." I admit and everyone looks concerned. "But I do know it's one of the ones near to the end of the west end corridor because the slamming door was rather distant so I think we should just leave her be." I say quietly. Elena didn't leave the room she was staying in all day.

Elena's P.O.V

After I got in this morning, I went straight to the west end of the house and slept in the guest room at the end of the corridor. As far away from anyone else as possible. And I just sat in the middle of the bed not moving all day.
It had been a whole day before I left the room I had been hiding in and I only left to get blood.
"Elena! You finally left the room!" Nik exclaimed. It hurt to be near him after the dream.
"No. I'm just hungry." I say almost sounding emotionless.
"Oh God Elena. You didn't turn it off did you?" Nik asks scared.
"No. But that's not a bad idea. It'll make the pain go away." I say closing my eyes and I flip the switch. Bang. There goes my humanity.
"Elena. Don't you dare turn off your humanity. Don't. Elena. Please." Nik begs. I open my eyes. Nik takes one look at my emotionless eyes and his head falls.
"Too late." I say smiling.
"Elena..." Nik starts. Bekah runs downstairs and stops when she sees Elena.
"ELENA! YOU LEFT THE ROOM!" Bekah squealed a little too excited for me. But when she tried to hug me that drew the line. I pushed her away and Bekah looks at me really confused. I've never refused one of her hugs before.
"Don't bother Bekah. She turned it off." Nik said rather coldly and Bekah gasps.
"Elena. Why would you do that?" Bekah asks her hand going up to cover her mouth. I just shrug. "BONNIE, KOL, ELIJAH! GET DOWN HERE!" Bekah yells.
"What Rebekah?" Elijah asks patiently.
"I turned my humanity off." I say raising my hand and waving at them. They all turned to me.
"Why would you do that Ellie?" Kol asks from the doorway.
"Because I wanted to." I reply sarcastically. "Why do you think you stupid arse? I was over-bloody-whelmed. Jack-ass." I say before walking out the door.
"Wait. 'Lena please wait." Nik calls from behind me. I spin around slowly.
"What Nik?" I say crossing my arms.
"Please turn it back on baby. Please." Nik said looking so defeated. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost. I pat his head.
"Maybe later okay? For now I need a drink." I say before speeding off.