18. The truth 2

The Institute

We all geared up and waited for further instructions. "Alright, I'm not going to go with because I'm going to gaurd the institute. So you guys need to be vigilant and take care of each other,"he explained. "Hunter, this group is going to rely on you to ensure no one dies. Everyone else, you need to do the same for each other and Hunter, understood?" We all nodded. "Okay then, Chris, fire it up," I said. Chris takes out his weaver and whispers a word and the crystal starts glowing blue. He then starts weaving a symbol in the air and a porthole suddenly opens. "That never gets old,"Tyler says and we all chuckle. One by one we step through the porthole and soon all of us are on the other side and the porthole closes.

Miami
Miami institute

We all stand infront of the Miami institute staring at its beauty. "Wow! They made renovations," Chris says. The whole institute has been redon. The old, historical castle style has been replaced with the more modern fortress, mansion type style. To be honest, it really is better than the old historical style that the New York Institute still has. "Well, are we just going to stand here or are we gonna kick ass," Gabby says. I nod and make my way towards the gate, followed by the rest. The seal on the gate glows when I put my hand on it and it opens up. "Wow, stylish. The institute really needs a makeover," Chris says. We continue to walk, up the stairs and right infront of the door. "So do we knock or do we break it down?" Tyler asks. Everyone looks surprised at Tyler's question. "What? I can be bad," he says and we all chuckle. "Let's knock, maybe they'll hand over my dad and we wouldn't have to fight our allies," I say and they all nod. I gave three loud knocks and waited. After a few minutes, someone opened the door and everyone stopped talking. "Hey..." I greeted not knowing what to say. "We've been expecting you. You've figured it out earlier than we expected," the woman infront of me said. "Yeah well, it's hard to believe that dicks exist both in and out of the supernatural world," I reply with a sarcastic grin on my face. "Whatever," she replies as she moves aside for us to enter. "Thank you. May the angels bless your black heart," Chris says causing everyone to snort. "Big mouth for a weaver, I wonder if you know a symbol that can take away pain," she says. "I know a symbol that can kill a bitch," he replies with the same sarcastic grin I had on my face. "You've got spunk, I like that," she says. "Yeah, yeah, can we just get this over with," Gabby says. "Right this way," the woman says, leading us to Lord knows where.

We reach a wooden door that looks exactly like the front door and walk into the room behind the door. "Welcome, Hunter and friends," a man says. He's really good looking and looks not much older than us. "I am the leader of this institute, Elder Clark Manning." At the the mention of his name, my blood instantly began to boil. "You betrayed my parents. You killed my mother," I said through gritted teeth. He had a grin on his face and I reached for my weapons, but it dawned on me that he still has my dad and if something happened to him, he'd take my dad away from me to. "You're smarter than you think," he says, still grinning. "I'm just waiting for the right moment," I say, with the same sly grin on my face. Clark's grin started fading and that gave me some satisfaction. "Well then, shall we get on with what you're really here for?" He asks. I nod, not wanting to speak just yet. "Hunter, I believe you know what you are?" He asks me and I nod. "I just don't know wht that makes me such a threat to my own kind?" I ask. "Well,you are the world's only arch-nephilim at this point, which means every demon will be looking for you, risking the lives of innocents, and that we can't have," he explains. "Well that was the lamest excuse ever," I say. "Maybe, but demon activity has been on a rise and that we can't have," he says. "Well, if I'm not mistaken, you yourself have demon blood flowing through you, so you are part of that statistic," I say with a questioning look on my face. "I did not inject myself, I was captured trying to save your father and experimented on. It never showed at first, but when it did, I was seen as an outcast. People started the rumor that I injected myself to take over the higher institute. Your mother and father quickly drew to these lies and retaliated against me. A fight broke out between your mother and I when she thought I was the one who wounded your father, when it was really another nephilim hell bent on my downfall. I never fought back once, just blocked all her attacks, but then she got so close to killing me, and I would have let her, but then the demon side of me kicked in and took control of me. That kind of power was exhilarating, amazing, but your mother paid the ultimate price when I plunged the sword through her chest,"he explained. "When I came to, I realised what I had done. I ran away, I couldn't face your father when he came to. Soon the elders found me and put me through a series of tests. They found out that it was not self injected but I really was experimented on. They allowed me to keep my status at the institute but it quite some time for people to get over it. Then I was approached by the elders to start a Miami institute and voila, here we are. Over the years your father found out what happened and he forgave me," he said. "Well kidnapping  someone who forgave you for killing his wife is how you repay him, you gotta work on your people skills," I say.

"Follow me please," he says as he walks put of the room, the rest us trailing behind him. We go down three levels and walk into what looks like their medical wing. It looks like a normal hospital wing. We walk passed five doors until Clark stops and opens the fifth door. When we enter the room, laying on the bed, hooked up to an I.V and looking pale as ever with pitch black veins, is my father. Everyone's eyes in the room widen at the sight before them.