16. That was me not holding back.

The Institute

Once we arrived back at the institute, people stared at Paige non stop, some guys were even blushing. "Wow. Do they all welcome everyone with such stares?" She asked. I chuckled at her question and nodded. "They'll get used to you once they know who you are," I said and she nodded. "Hunter!" I heard someone call my name and turned to see Gabby. "Yeah" I replied. "Who's your friend?" She asked with a smile plastered on her face. "This is Paige. Paige, this is Gabby. She's a nephilim as well," I introduced them. "It's nice to meet you Gabby," Paige said. "Likewise," Gabby answered. "So what brings you to the institute?" Gabby asked. "Oh I was actually on the run. Demons were chasing me through the woods. Hunter found me and rescued me. Then Michael showed up and told me what I was and laid down my whole gifted history. And now I'm here," she explained and Gabby nodded. "Sooo,  what are you exactly?" Gabby asked. "I'm a banshee," she replied. "And here I thought they were just annoying old wailing spirits. But I'm glad I finally get to see that banshees are actually really hot bad girls with a spank for kicking ass," Gabby said, making Paige giggle and flip her hair. "Now that's an explanation I'm sticking to," Paige replied and hip bumped Gabby. I turned around to see where the others are and as if on cue they walked down the stairs. Dane saw me and a smile appeared on his face. I instantly smiled back because that's just what he does to me. "Hmmm. Who's this hunky piece of meat?" Paige asked.  "Wait for it," Gabby replied and Dane wrapped his arms around me and crushed his lips onto to mine. I really needed this kiss, because suddenly I felt really calm and forgot about all the problems we're facing. "That's unfair. I called dibs first," Paige said. "Well, Hunter had dibs five months ago, so it looks like that guys out of the picture," Gabby replied. I pulled away from Dane and he gave me death glare. "If you ever pull something like that again, I will personally go looking for you, find you and then strangle you. You scared me half to death when I realised you weren't in the institute. Michael said he knew where you went," he said and I just smiled at him. "You're so hot when you're upset," I said. That scored me a grin and a kiss on my forehead.

"Which reminds me, Michael, how did you know where hunters was?" Dane asked. Michael turned around and replied, "he's my grandson, I know where he is every second of everyday," and with that he left. I knew it was because I wasn't very welcoming and because I didn't even try to show him that I was willing to try. "Michael, don't go. I'll try, but please just give me time," I explained. "Like I said, you're my grandson, that's enough for me," he replied with a smile and walked away. I couldn't help but smile as well. "I'm sure if you give him a chance, he'll be able to comfort you in ways you really need," Dane said and I nodded. "Okay. Paige, let's see what you're made of," Gabby said and Paige nodded and followed Gabby to the training room. We followed suit, because we weren't going to miss out this 'audition'. When we got to the training room, Paige took off her jacket and went straight to the middle. "Okay, so who am I fighting?" She asked. "Landon, step up," Gabby said. A guy walked through the changing room door and straight to the middle to face Paige. Landon was actually really handsome and built really good. "Landon, nice to meet you," he said, putting out his hand. "Paige," she answered and shook his hand. "Okay, you guys are going to spar, no holding back," Gabby ordered. "Are you sure, I mean, has she had any training? No offense," Landon said. "None taken. And yes, I have had previous training,"Paige replied and got into a fighting stance. Landon whispered an okay and got into a stance. "Begin," Gabby ordered and they started.

Landon started with a round house kick, which Paige ducked under. Wasting no time, she launched her fist into his knee, which caused him to fall into a one knee, kneeling position. She then wrapped her leg around his kneck, but he quickly slipped out of it and launched his leg towards her, kicking her in the chest, causing her to stumble back. Paige then ran and did a front flip over Landon's leg, as he kicked out again, and landed in a kneeling position shooting her leg up and kicking him in the stomach. He quickly recovered and ran towards her. Paige darted towards Landon as well, but she jumped locked her legs around his kneck and spun and twisted, bringing him over onto his back. Landon smiled as he regained his stance and then darted towards her, sliding and lashing his leg out, causing Paige to fall. He then spun up and back flipped, bringing his foot to her face, but she cross blocked it with her arms and pushed it away and kicked up. Out of nowhere a blue orb hit Paige in the chest and she flew a few feet into the air and rolled onto the floor. "What was that?" She asked. "I'm half warlock. Besides Gabby said not to hold back," he said. Paige then smiled and got up getting into her fighting stance. They both dared towards each other, Landon letting another blue orb shoot her way. Paige side flipped over orb and rolled past Landon and quickly spun to his direction. He looked back, but before he could do anything, she let out an ear piercing, glass shattering, building shaking scream, which sent telekinetic waves Landon's way, causing him to fly into the air and land with a hard thud.

After a few minutes of catching his breath, Landon got up and looked at Paige, "What the heck was that?" He asked. "That was me not holding back," Paige replied with a smile and walked up to Landon putting her hand out. He shook it and smiled at her. "You don't seem all that bummed out about getting beaten by a girl," she said. "You win some, you lose some. And you fought fairly and actually put up one hell of a fight," he said and she instantly blushed. "Well done, Paige," Gabby said. "Thanks. So Hunter, what did you think?"She asked me. "I think you need to get some gear, because you clearly have what it takes to be a hunter," I replied with a smile. She jumped up and down and giggled with Gabby, as they left to get her sorted. "Hey Landon, you weren't holding back were you?"I asked him. "Nope. She's really good. But I wouldn't worry, no one can be as good as you,"he said just as Michael walked in. "I wouldn't say that," I replied to his statement, still looking at Michael. "We found a hive, I think that's where they keeping your father," Michael said. As the words left his mouth, I quickly ran passed him and headed to the tech room. Finally! I'm getting my dad back.