“Oh thanks, but that’s not why I came over here,” she said, leaning a bit forward and folding her hands. “What happened between you and Liam?”

“James told you, didn’t he?” I asked, accusingly. “Why would he do that? He tells me to not tell anybody and here he goes blurting out the whole thing to everyone. What is his problem?” I started looking for James so I could give him a proper smack over the head.

“Uh, James didn’t tell me anything,” Ava said, her eyebrow raised high. “But clearly something happened and you can’t exactly lie anymore.” Dang it.

“No, Ava, I really don’t want to talk about it. Not here, especially.”

“It can’t be that bad.” Oh it was worse than “bad”.

“Actually it really can.” Ava looked at me, curiosity filling her features.

“Cam… what happened?”

I looked around the room, trying to figure out who was close by. Okay, James and Liam were on set, Gemma was completely out of sight and Carson seemed far enough out of earshot.

“So this happened last week,” I began.

“Last week? Something happened last week and you haven’t told me?”

“I haven’t exactly seen you. But anyway, remember when we invited everyone over for a movie and only Liam could come?”

“Yeah…”

“Well, long story short –”

“I don’t want the short story, I want to hear every detail.”

I sighed heavily, “You sure about that?”

“Yes.”

“Okay so…” I went through every detail, which ended up telling her more than James even knew because James did want the short story. When I reached the kiss part, Ava looked like she was about to pass out. She was already on the verge of fangirling throughout the entire story of cute cuddles and him being adorable, but then I had to reach my least favorite part of the story. “Then he left. No explanation, no declaration of love. Just a solid, wonderful kiss –”

“– You mean ‘full on snog’, but sure.”

I shook my head while rolling my eyes. “And then he got up and ran out the door.”

“I’m going to kill him. You don’t deserve that.”

“No, Ava, don’t. If he doesn’t want to talk about it, then neither do I. I’m just doing what he did and pretending it never happened.”

“How can you both do that?”

“Well, we already succeeded earlier when we were talking. So I’m just dealing with it until I get over it.”

“But you fancy him, yeah? A lot.”

“Of course I like him. That’s why I’m so mad that he kissed me because he ruined everything!” I hissed, getting more flustered by the second. “I’m sorry, I just… I just can’t deal with this properly,” I breathed out. I definitely shouldn’t be talking about this here.

Ava was about to say something to me when the director called her over. She looked over at me with a sympathetic look.

“Listen, Cam, it’s completely normal to be upset about this. If you need a girl to talk to, I’ll be around. We’ll go out later, okay?”

I nodded wordlessly and she gripped my hand, squeezed it, and then ran back to the set. Shaking my head, I picked my sketchbook back up and decided to draw something new for a change. A little taste of Jace from London, the moody teen turned into a quiet softy. I found the saddest, darkest music I could on my iPod before beginning to sketch withering trees and looming shadows. If this was some weird sort of therapy, it was working. I wasn’t focusing on couples or love or Paris, I was focusing on making the trees scragglier and the shadows darker. In some sort of twisted way, I was feeling happier and lighter. Maybe Jace wasn’t so weird after all. 

I sat there for a few hours, drawing things that had no connotation to Liam and I felt myself feel better. I could get over him if I wanted to, I just needed to distract myself. This was going to be a piece of cake. Eventually, James told me we’d be leaving in a few minutes and that I needed to get my stuff together so we could head out to the hotel. Flipping my sketchbook closed and capping my pen, I stashed everything away and slung my bag over my shoulder.

Looking up, I saw Liam and Gemma laughing at something and I felt a pang of jealousy surge through my veins before I scowled as I followed James out the door into the black car.

Maybe getting over him was going to be harder than I thought.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So Cam's going to try and get over Liam. And he's ignoring her! Oh the HUMANITY.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and remember to let me know if you did via comment and voting :) If you didn't like it, c'mon, you know the drill.

School's back up now (so I'm going to be busssyyyy) plus I got a new, REAL job so I'm going to be SUPER busy. But there's still plenty Starbird to come!

You stay classy y'alls.

Remember to follow me on Twitter and Instagram if you'd like!

-Kate