07 | [Kiera]

At one day I'll stand with a crown on my head
Like a God, yeah, like a God
With every step, no, I won't second guess what I want

I wanna be like Kanye
I'll be the king of me always
Do what I want, I'll have it my way
- Chainsmokers

__________________________

[Author's Note: Heads up, this chapter is on about the first day that Adriana didn't come to school for the two days that she did take a leave for]

___________________________

It is cold, I think rubbing my bare arms. I am wearing a mauve colored party gown with black heels. My hair is styled in curls, I notice, when I touch them dreamily. I look around to see I am in the school gym, with loads of other people surrounding me. They stand in a circle around me so all the attention is on me. I see Gabe coming out of the crowd, making his way towards me with a smile on his face and admiration in his eyes. He holds out a hand towards me asking me to dance. I place my hand in his and follow his lead. He takes me to the centre of the place where everyone's eyes are on us. Just as we are about to start to dance, the first wave of our hands, the fire alarm starts to ring causing commotion everywhere.

It was like my worst nightmare come true. The dance got interrupted, no one was looking at me anymore, they were trying to get out of the gymnasium, not bothering to dance.

"Nooooo... this couldn't be happening," I screamed but the alarm wasn't slowing down. Everyone was shouting everywhere, the ringing erupted and was enough to blow off my eardrums.

-:-:-:-:-

I sit up abruptly, with equal portions of surprise and terror in my heart. Looking around, I see that my blankets are all splayed across the floor and the alarm is blaring. I slam my hand on it nearly toppling it off the bedside table. Rubbing my bare arms and trying to keep some of my body heat to myself, I get up from my bed. The floorboards creak from my weight and cold seeps in my feet. I shriek and start jumping around trying to keep in the air, and then stand on the blankets on the floor.

I sit on them making myself cosy. I think about the dream I had today. If only it was true, also Gabe looked so handsome. My head slowly turns up to see the time on the wall clock.

Holy-Guacamole I am late!

I jump out of the comfortable den— or whatever you say—that I had made out of my blankets and quickly run into the bathroom. And then quickly out of the bathroom because I had forgotten to take the towel with me. Then try to go inside quickly again but tumbling on the floor by getting stuck in the flurry of blankets. Getting up I rub my sore knees that looked like they would form a bruise soon, curse my life.

After a quick shower and dressing up myself in the school uniform which is just a red and blue checkered skirt and a white shirt. I grab a jacket to wear too, I might say— the weather is changing from warm to cold at an alarming speed. Global warming is to blame for that, no use standing and thinking about it right now. I run down to get my breakfast and yell at Mama to make me eggs or toast or a sandwich. Ugh... a breakfast.

She doesn't reply.

I shout again.

She doesn't reply again.

Great! She's asleep. I know that because it is almost impossible to wake her up in the morning. As you must have gathered till now, no one in our home is a morning person (everyone is a heavy sleeper, though no one can break the record of Mama). We literally have to shake her to wake her. Oh! That rhymed.