2:47am

Solitaire

2:47am

"You weirdo!" I hiss at Damien. "I'm getting out of here!"

"No, don't!" his grip on my arm tightens. "They'll know who you are."

"I don't even know who I am!" I admit. "I don't wanna lay under here with you with a frickin' Hyundai Elantra-"

"Genesis," he interrupts.

"Genesis, right... Anyway, I don't want to be trapped under a Hyundai Elantra with you! I want to get out! Go home! Live my life!" I groan. "Aargh, just being here is stupid!" I point at him. "Why did you even take me here anyway?" I raise my voice. "Huh?! Why don't you want to tell me anything, huh? Is it that you have no answer?! Huh?! Is it that you don't wanna tell me? HUH?!"

"Shut up!" he cries and smacks my face. "You're crazy, you know that? That's what you were doing in that stupid asylum anyway, before I came and rescued your sorry face."

I squirm out of his reach. "Thanks for that, but I think I'm going now."

I manage to pull myself forward, and begin to wriggle free through the cracked window, into the world, the sane world, where I can go home and...

"You don't remember me at all?" Damien asks suddenly.

"What?" I ask, as I stop crawling.

"You don't remember anything, do you?" Damien says.

"Remember what?" I nearly screech. "You need to be more specific!!"

He sighs. "Fine, whatever, go. But when you're back in that asylum, don't think I'm going to come and save you again."

Again?

"Why?" I ask curiously. "Is there something I should know?"

And then he answers honestly and quickly. "Yes, yes there is, Robin."

And when he says my name, I know it's somethiing serious.