Chapter Thirty Five: I'm Sorry...

Start from the beginning

"You wouldn't." Bennett said, coldly.

"Actually I would." Harrison said. I could practically feel the smirk that was on his face, "And it seems that the mother is walking on a thin line."

There was a short silence between the two before I heard Bennett sighed in defeat, "What do you want?" He asked.

I heard someone move closer to where I hid, "I want the girl." Harrison answered.

"Why?"

"Don't act like you don't know." Harrison sneered.

"Actually I don't, so why don't you elaborate." I knew Bennett knew why. He wanted me to hear Harrison say what he told me, a few weeks ago.

His father sighed in annoyance and I heard his footsteps move closer to where Bennett was which was close to where I was hidden from him, "She's the key to getting Grayson to join. If I have her, Grayson would do anything to get her back. Get it through your ignorant skull that my son isn't as tough as he seems when it comes to that girl." Harrison said, "And that's his problem. He's weak when it comes to that girl. He needs to learn to be like Max."

"You're a fucking idiot if you think that." Bennett said, however, he was hesitant...

"Oh no Bennett. You're the idiot for believing that he's not weak." Harrison said, "I've seen the bruises he's gotten from the fights he's gotten into with Parker. I've seen the wounds he's gotten from my men. He's weak, and you know it."

Anyone could hear the tension in the room. It was thick and I knew nothing could fix that, "Why the fucking hell are you even hurting him?" Bennett asked suddenly. He was trying to change the subject, "It doesn't make sense that you're hurting the person you want to take over your company."

Harrison gave out a dry laugh, "He hasn't told you has he?" Harrison asked. I knew Bennett was eyeing him with confusion. Bennett's silence made Harrison continue, "Of course he hasn't. You don't know half the shit he knows, and yet you're helping him. You don't even know what you're fighting for do you?"

Bennett didn't answer, which made my heart sink.

"That's fucking pathetic if you ask me." Harrison laughed. I heard his footsteps move further away, "Hey, I'm going to go now. I have business I have to attend to. You're mother won't be back until Friday. Tell Reed he has to stay till then. I'll see you later son."

Once I couldn't hear his footsteps anymore and heard the door slam shut, I heard Bennett sigh, "You can come out now."

I came out of my pathetic hiding spot, staring at the ground, not wanting to look Bennett in the eyes. I didn't know exactly what to say to him when I did reveal myself, and I didn't have to because Bennett was the one to say something first, "So are you going to ask what the heck that was all about?" He asked, to which I just shook my head, unable to use my voice to answer his question.

I didn't want to know.

I didn't need to know.

"I'm sorry Bailey." Bennett whispered.

I shook my head at his apology, giving him a small smile, reassuring him that there was no need. I walked up to him and gave him a hug, which he had returned soon after.

"May I go home?" I asked, quietly.

He sighed, before nodding, "Connor! Can you come down here please?"

I heard her voice faintly say that she was coming down, then someone's loud footsteps quickly stomping down the stairs. When the footsteps got closer, it revealed Reed carrying Connor on his back, "Where daddy go?" Connor asked, looking at Bennett.

"He just came to explain that Mom's not coming home until Friday." He said, looking at the young girl in front of him while kneeling down to her height. He gave her a convincing, fake warm smile, before averting his gaze to Reed, "And that Reed has to stay here 'till then."

I looked at Reed and saw that he was eyeing Bennett with intent. He knew there was more. Reed's green-gray eyes met my gaze, "I'm only assuming that Bailey and you have to go, but before you do, may I talk to Bailey for a second?" He asked, directing the question to Bennett. I looked over in Bennett's direction and say that he gave a slight nod.

"Come on, Bailey." Reed said and I noticed he never broke his gaze from me. I followed him obediently as he led me to a room nearby. He entered first, turning on the lights before inviting me in. At first I was reluctant, due to how I was unwilling to talk to Reed, or anyone at the moment, but I entered the room nonetheless.

When I entered, I noticed the room that stood before us was a library. From all the rooms I have seen in Bennett's home, which isn't a lot, this was bigger compared to other rooms. Books filled the shelves, and I only assume that there were over a few hundred that filled them from top to bottom. The shelves were labeled by the genre of each book and were placed in alphabetical order from the author's last name. I knew immediately that this was a mixture of Bennett, Grayson and Harrison's books because I sure as hell do not think that Harrison would have the whole Harry Potter and the Captain Underpants series.

I noticed that Reed had gone farther into the room and went the middle of the room where a desk was placed as well as two chairs that faced one another. He sat in the one farthest from th door and gestured for me to sit across. I obliged and sat in the chair as I stared into his eyes, "What do you know about Landon?" He asked.

I scrunched my eyebrows at him as I tilted my head, "Barely anything." I answered, simply, "Why?"

"He knew you were here." Reed said, causing my heart to drop.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"He has cameras." Reed said, "And he may, or may not have told me."

I stared at him in fear, "Crap." I muttered. If Harrison knows I'm here right now, that means there's a huge chance that he's going to come back and take me, "I think I better be going. I'll see you later, Reed."

Before I could stand up and leave, Reed grabbed my wrist with an iron grip. I looked at him and tried to snatch my hand back, however his grip never loosened around my wrist, "Reed?..." I said in a testing voice. I looked him in the eyes and saw the sorrow and regret in them, "Get the fuck off of me, Reed!" I began to punch his chest, "I have to-"

"I'm sorry." He whispered and just like that, I'm on the floor trying to regain my balance.

My breathing increased as I laid on the floor. I tried to regain my composure, however failed as I laid limp on the floor, trying to get some kind of grip on reality, "Bennett!" I tried to yell, however it only came out as a quiet slur. I tried my hardest from letting myself pass out, but I knew I wasn't going to be conscious for long.

I lazily turned my head to face the library entrance, as a guy came through the door. Just as he did, my heart sunk as my vision blurred and everything went fading to black. Even in this unconscious state, I still feel the hurt and betrayal when I saw the familiar pair of gray eyes staring back at me.

*•*•*•*
(A/N)
Hey.

Well... Here's another chapter.

I really do wonder what's going to happen next...

This is an update before my spring break, so it's going to be likely that I'm updating next Friday too. However, I, again can not promise that.

I'd like to thank you guys a lot for being patient with my crap schedule. It really means a lot that you guys are staying

Stay alive, my peoples.

Love you, guys!

:-)<3