Chapter 13 - Grammy's

Depuis le début

"Great rehearsal guys!" I heard Keith shout to the band before enveloping me in a hug!

"We're gonna kill it tonight, Carrie!" He exclaimed.

"We always do, Keith!" I joked back. Rehearsal had gone well and it was almost time to get ready. Mike had been back at the hotel room just relaxing, since he had flown out straight after a game in Canada the day before.

They ended up winning against the Ottawa Senators, but only towards the end. It was a tough win and I could tell Mike was exhausted, so instead of dragging him out to rehearsals, I suggested he get some sleep instead.

I got the key out from my purse and unlocked the door to get into the hotel suite. I walked in to the bedroom to find Mike still sleeping and snoring away. I giggled to myself before making my way to the dining table to eat a salad before Melissa came to do my hair and makeup.

I had my dress fitting for the Grammy's 5 days ago, and I was so excited to put on my dress. As soon as I saw it, I immediately fell in love with it.

After about half an hour, I look and saw that it was almost 4 o'clock and that Melissa was coming over at 4 to start the hair and makeup. The Grammy's red carpet started at 6, and we planning on getting there at around 7.

"Hey babe." I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and saw Mike rubbing his eyes and scratching his head.

"Hey yourself." I smiled before walking over and wrapping my arms around his waist. His arm immediately found their place on my lower back.

"I missed you today." He coped before leaning down to kiss me. He pulled away and lingered before giving me a light peck on the lips.

I chuckled and pulled away, his stubble caught a part on my neck and it ticked slightly.

"You need to shave soon, Fisher. That stubble is getting too prickly." I heard a knock on the door and Melissa's voice. I told Mike that we were about to start hair and makeup, so I suggested he go watch TV in a different room. He gladly agreed.

"Hey Melissa!" I greeted as I opened the door. She rolled in her beauty suitcase filled with makeup, hair and jewellery goodies.

"Let's get started!" She rubbed her hands together and gave me a beaming grin.

We decided to go for a light smokey eye, with a nude lip. We didn't want to go too bold on the lip as we wanted the focus to be on the gorgeous red dress i was wearing tonight. We decided that the hair was going to be a soft up-do, nothing too fancy.

As she worked her magic on me, we talked about everything and nothing. We talked about shopping, the weather, her kids, makeup in general. Just girly stuff. I also found myself checking my phone, and social media just to check up on everything. I ended up snapping a few selfies on the way too.

After around 2 and half hours, everything was done. I looked up from my phone and smiled. The look was perfect and the hair was amazing.

"Oh Melissa, you've done it again" I smiled and gave her a hug as I stood up.

"Let's get you in this dress then." She said. She bought the dress out and unzipped the back and helped me in. The dress was quite revealing in the chest area, so to prevent any wardrobe malfunctions, I taped myself in with double sided tape, to ensure nothing would pop out.