I briefly thought of grabbing the fork and sinking into his neck.

I narrowed my eyes at him instead.

"I go to school."

"Where?"

"The only college close to here," I said, trying to be as vague as possible.

"Hmmm. Never seen you there."

"I've seen you there," I muttered.

He stopped and looked at me with his head tilted, but I spoke before he could say anything snarky.

"What about you? What do you do besides watch girls dance for money?" I sipped on my water, feeling a little proud of the comeback.

He didn't notice, though. He was focused on his french toast. "I'm a drummer."

That caught me off guard. "Really?"

He nodded. "Mhm."

He finished his plate in silence and pushed it to the side. He looked at me.

"So are you here by yourself? You don't have a boyfriend?"

My breathing stopped a little before I shook my head. "You're here alone, too."

He grinned. "True."

God. Did I really think this dipshit was attractive?

I answered my own question.

Yes.

We didn't say anything for a while, but I knew in my mind that I couldn't keep this conversation going at this rate forever.

"I should probably be getting home.." I said slowly.

His eyes looked me over. "I'll walk you to your car."

I put my papers in my bag without saying anything and grabbed my phone, standing up.

I saw him slide a twenty on the table as he stood up next to me.

I made my way to the door, not sure if he would be behind me. He was.

"Bye, Rita," he said to the waitress, and pushed the door open for me.

"Thanks," I muttered, and walked to where my car was parked.

He leaned against his car and watch me as I fished for my keys.

They weren't in my bag.

Oh no..

I cupped my face with my hands and looked into my car.

My keys were on the damn floor.

"Shit!" I whispered.

I turned to him slowly. "I locked my keys in my car," I said reluctantly.

He smiled. "I can take you home."

I froze. "Oh, no, you don't have to do that. I can call a locksmith." I panicked internally.

"It's midnight. There won't be any locksmiths open until the morning." He crossed his arms.

"But I have class in the morning," I started, and huffed some air through my nose.

"I can take you there, too. We go to the same college, remember?"

"Yeah, but.. I can't make you do that." I shook my head.

"Look. It's late and a bunch of crackheads come out at this time. You don't want to get stuck in an empty parking lot in front of a diner. Trust me."