Spy X Sick!Reader

Start from the beginning

"You never believed I could change, did you now mon cher?" Spy pressed on, the heels of his dress shoes clacking on the cold tiled floor as he made his way towards you, "zhat is all you see me as: some skirt chaser- a womanizer."

"I have good reason to Spy," you cried fiercely, "look at your history and tell me you blame me."

"I don't blame you for doubting me," the Frenchman clarified firmly, "but zhe fact zhat I'm not capable of changing in your eyes 'urts me (Y/N)! You've never trusted me- not even once."

His control was slipping with each syllable that exploded from his lips, and he took deep breaths, hoping it'll help him regain his suave, calm composure again.

You, on the other hand, ripped your eyes off him and swiftly looked away, heartbroken and malcontented. In this time when you needed him the most, you felt as though your lover gave you an even greater burden to worry about other than your current condition. The dread settled in your gut and you cried silently, making sure not even a pathetic whimper came out of your quivering lips.

"I did Spy I did-" you sobbed, your walls crashing down as his sharp gaze seeped between your cracks, "but how would you explain what I saw?"

Straightening his tie, Spy cleared his throat and ignored the running tears. He must've seen plenty of those to have grown so apathetic to them.

"Zhat woman," he replied lowly, "was my ex- and I was trying to explain to 'er zhat she couldn't see me anymore- she didn't seem to take a 'int."

You bit your lip and rubbed up and down your chilly arms, still refusing eye contact. You were starting to feel sheepish, and the courage to even look at him dissipitated like thin air.

"H-how does that change anything?" you stammered, tongue tied, "you were laughing with her, and she hugged you, and she practically threw herself at you and you didn't even stop her!"

"I won't deny zhat cherie," he sighed patiently, "but it was upon our agreement: she never bothers me again if I let her flirt with me one last time. I 'ad to do it to have an honest relationship with you; I threw away my old loveless lifestyle because zhis is worth a million times more- and I come 'ere and learn my girlfriend never even gave 'erself a chance to trust me."

"How do I know you've really changed?" you said, not wanting to admit defeat, "how do I know you're not lying?"

"I can't make you believe in something if you really don't want to," Spy answered tersely and headed towards the exit as he kept his back painfully straight, "and if loving me supposedly brought you nothing but pain and misery, zhen you are zhe fool. I did everything to make you 'appy and yet it seems as zhough it was never enough. Now I know 'ow you really feel- I'm sorry you 'ad to be around me."

He ripped the silver handle open and briskly stormed off, not even sparing you a last glance to see the look of hurt and regret on your once proud face. You never meant for things to go that far, you never intended to hurt his feelings.

And for some reason, you had the awful impression that this time, your lover won't be coming back. There wasn't a more perfect time in your life when you hoped you were delusional and that your head was making up all of these horrid thoughts.

"S-Spy...?" you squeaked helplessly, intently staring at the door. It'll open any minute now, you told yourself. But it never did; minutes, hours, days passed and the Frenchman vanished from your world. Along with his disappearance, your health and vitality dwindled as moments passed slowly until such time that the repetitive ticking of the clock became maddening.

Is this payback? He knew how vulnerable you were to emotion, so did he leave on purpose? Making you suffer this long for being so wrong? You knew you deserved this, yet you just couldn't accept the pain this torment came along with.