Chapter 7 Thor

It's been a week since the embarrassing encounter with Donny. But the days have continued on as usual.
I suppose that's something that we have to learn. No matter what happens, life will continue on. Unless its the end of the world.

"Darcy, you running the program?" I yell over the sound of drilling.
I'm back at the lab, and Donny decided that his "project" needed drilling.
"What?" Darcy shouted back.
"Are you running the program?"
"Oh, yeah!"
Darcy and I were asked to work on a program that Selvig had invented earlier.
"Thor- I mean, Donny!" Darcy called, "Shut that off!"
Donny looked up and gave her an innocent smile. Then he continued his drilling.
"What did you call him?" I ask her.
"What?"
"What did you call him?"
"I said, DONNY!"
Just as Darcy was talking, Donny stopped drilling. So the last word was really loud.
"Why are you yelling?" Donny jokes.
"Shut up," Darcy mumbles as she turns her attention back to her computer screen.
Recently, Donny has been in a good mood almost all the time. Except when Ian drank his coffee. He wasn't to happy about that.
I suppose that this is how he used to act, according to Darcy. I hope so, that way he's more like his old self.
"Where's the-," Darcy begins but is cut off by a loud pop and buzz. Then the electricity went out.
"Uhh," Darcy says as we all stare at the flickering lights above.
Donny checks his phone, but it doesn't turn on.
"Cell phones aren't working," he says.
"Mine neither," Darcy whines, "And I was texting someone."
"It's like someone just grabbed all the power and took it," I say.
"This isn't right," Donny mumbles and then runs out the door.
Darcy and I follow, as he runs into the street. And that's where I see the weirdest thing.
A man stands in the middle of the road, but he is covered in metal plates. A green cape, flows down his back, and a hood covered his head. A pair of piercing blue eyes peak out from under the shadow of the hood, and seem to glare at everything. Electricity runs through his finger tips.
Dr. Doom.
"Darcy, Melody, get inside, now!" Donny commands.
I follow Darcy as she runs inside.
"Wait!" I yell and look back at Donny, "What about you?"
"I'll be fine," he assures me and adds "Now go!"
I run inside, and then immediately stand at the window to watch.
Donny stands there, in the middle of the street, facing the Dr. Doom. He glances around his shoulder, then his gaze settles on me.
His eyes stay on mine, as he reaches his hand out, as if expecting something.
I'm about to ask Darcy what's happening, but I am interrupted by a chugging sound.
I look to see what's making the noise, and spot a hammer, flying through the air.
Wait, a hammer? I check again and see the same thing. A flying hammer. Just this time, it's headed strait for Donny.
I am about to do something, but instead of being blown away by the hammer, Donny catches it. Like literally, in his hand.
Then I put the puzzle pieces together as armor begins to form on his body.
The talk about strange happenings. The changing of a subject whenever Thor was brought up. That's it.
Thor is Donny. Donny is Thor.

Author's note:
Thanks for reading this! You guys are awesome! Anyway, Dr. Doom is a villain in Marvel comics. He usually faces the fantastic four, but I decided to put him in here. He has the ability to control electricity. Also, I do not own any of these characters, there are property of Marvel. I only own Melody. Thank you for reading, commenting, and voting! Please continue to do so! Enjoy!