Chapter 5 The Selvig Machine

The next few days, I continued to work with the four most opposite people I know.
Darcy was her usual blunt self. Ian was quiet like always. Erik was always thinking of new ideas. And Donny, well, it's hard to get a read on him.
I saw him smile, once. And that was when Darcy dropped her usual blunt comment. Other than that, he hasn't changed.

I found an old invention of Erik's in the storage room. When I asked him about it, he explained it like this, "That's the Selvig Machine."
"What's it do?" I asked.
"Well, has the ability to slow someone's time for about six seconds.
"You mean like freeze them?"
"Kinda."
"Erik, this is great! You could have made billions off this!"
"Yeah, but others said it was to dangerous. What if it fell into the wrong hands?"
"I see their point," I said, "But why did you let their worries stop you from becoming successful?"
"They seemed right."
"They were, from one stand point. But you could have become famous! Stopped crimes while there were happening!"
"I wish that were true."

Now I'm working on the Selvig Machine at home. I decided to borrow it so I could fix it up.
It's not heavy, or that big. It kinda looks like a gun from like Despicable Me or something.
There isn't much wrong with it. Just some rusted parts and a few misplaced wires. Other than that, this machine is great.
As I work on it, I hear a knock at the door, and open it to find Darcy and Donny there.
"Uh, hi?" I say when I see them.
"Hey," Darcy says and just walks right in.
"Uh, what are you doing?" I ask.
"I could ask you the same thing," Darcy says as she eyes the Selvig Machine.
"I found it and I thought-"
"No," Donny interrupts, "That's supposed to be in storage."
"Yeah," Darcy laughs, "Well, it's not anymore."
"What are you doing with it?" Donny demands.
"I'm fixing it up."
"No, it's hopeless."
"What a ray of sunshine you are," I say sarcastically without meaning to.
"This machine is dangerous," Donny tells me.
"Yeah, I know. But find someone who can keep it safe and use it for good, this would be one of the best inventions."
"Hey, is this the button that-" Darcy asks but is cut off by a whirring sound.
Donny and I turn to see her frozen in time.
"Take it back," Donny says.
"No," I say without taking my eyes off the frozen Darcy.
"Why is she still like that?" he asks.
"Well," I confess, "I kinda ampted it up."
"So how long is she going to stay like that?"
"Maybe a few seconds?"
Donny frowns at me and I say, "Maybe more?"

Author's note:
Thanks for reading this guys! Just so you know, I do not own these characters, they are property of Marvel. Except Melody, she's mine. Thank you for voting and commenting, please continue to do so and enjoy!
(Also, in the comics, Thor lived on earth for a while and went by the name, Donald Blake. That's why in this, he goes by Donny."