Chapter 3 Frozen Yogurt

"So tell me a little but about Donny," I say to Darcy as she licks her spoonful of yogurt.
"He's hot," she says bluntly.
"Yeah, I got that bit," I tell her sarcastically, "But I mean, what about his behavior. He seems really moody."
"He is. Ever since Jane's sudden death in the car crash, he's been having attitude issues like a teenager or a pregnant woman."
"Oh, were him and Jane dating?"
"Well, uh, yeah. They were."
I consider this for a moment and then Darcy tells me, "He used to be a really nice guy. He was quite carefree. Now I know what living with me was like when I was in high school. I don't know how my mom survived."
I laugh at this. I didn't think that talking to Darcy would be so easy. And she's quite funny with her bluntness.
"Why'd you ask?"
"Oh, well, his behavior just seemed unnatural for him. You could just tell," I say truthfully.
"Oh," she says as she scrapes the bottom of her frozen yogurt cup, "I thought you were gonna say it was because you had a secret crush on him."
"I've known him for an hour!"
"That's enough time."
"You're impossible," I tell her.
"I know."
"What was Jane like?"
"Uh, well, she was a very nice, naive, person. Very pretty and smart and yet lacked common sense and knowledge of everyday life. Why?"
"Just wondering."
"You sure it isn't because of a crush?" she asks teasingly.
"Oh, shut up!"
She laughs and says, "But honestly, if you want to know, which I know you do, he really loved her."
"Who?"
"You know exactly who I'm talking about."
I laugh and finish off my yogurt.
"Ready to get back to the labs?" I ask.
"No way!"
"Why not?"
"It's boring there!"
"But I don't wanna get fired."
"You won't," she assures me, "Trust me. You were the first person who called for the add that actually knew what the word science meant."
"Really?"
"Yeah. The first guy could only say one sentence in English."
"And what was that?"
"I-am-job."
"Seriously?"
"And kitty-cat."
I laugh and ask, "What about the others?"
"The next person was a total dumb blondie."
"But you talked on the phone, how would you know the color of her hair?"
"She just sounded like it. I could tell."
"Any others?"
"Just you."
"Wow, no wonder I got a job in a half an hour, over the phone."
"Yeah, we were desperate."

Just then the shattering of glass, interrupts our conversation as the store across the street gets robbed.
I run to the door, but Darcy stops me.
"Better sit this one out!" she warns.
I ignore her and slowly step closer to the scene.
The robber is running down the street, getting away. I'm about to do something, but a bolt of lighting interrupts me. Thor.