Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

"Hyejin, please answer me."

Hyejin sucked in a deep breath before she nodded at him. "I know you hate me, so please don't say anything anymore. Whatever you have to say, let's say I already heard it. I'm sorry I came into your life like this. I'm just a fan. I stepped out of my boundaries when I shouldn't have. I ruined you and your group. I'm so sorry."

Dino didn't say anything in return nor did he lash out his anger towards Hyejin, like she thought he would. Instead, he pulled her into an unexpected hug and whispered, "I don't hate you, so don't worry."

"Wh... What?" Hyejin said, near tears. She had never expected a hug, especially after telling herself over and over again that he hated her. "You don't?"

"Of course I don't. In fact, I thought you hated me," Dino said, finally letting go of her. 

The two of them stared at each other before they let out a light laugh. They even shook their heads at how stupid they were, but slowly noticed that it was because both of them cared for each other deeply and wanted nothing else but the best for each other.

"I guess we're back to normal then?" Hyejin said, smiling a small smile at him. 

"I'm really hoping we are." Dino smiled back and stared back into her eyes, noticing some sort of sparkle in them. 

"Then, I'm glad we're finally back to normal." 

+ + + 

Dino had to get back to his dorm before his manager would call the police to file a missing person and Hyejin was back to herself in no time. Dae Jung was happy for her, and so, he was treating her out for ice creams at the second floor of a building squeezed between taller buildings. The street was quiet and there weren't a lot of people there, which gave them the freedom to walk around without Hyejin getting spotted. 

"Chocolate?" Dae Jung asked as they arrived at the second floor of the building, where the ice cream cafe was located. 

"Yes, of course." Hyejin pushed the glass door open for them as they walked towards the counter, where a girl in her early twenties was smiling at them. 

"Hello! What can I get you two?" she friendly asked. 

"Two bowls of chocolate ice cream, a cookies and cream smoothie and apple juice," Dae Jung ordered as he pulled out his wallet. 

"Nae, that's 17, 800 won altogether," the lady at the cashier said, smiling warmly. 

Dae Jung paid the exact amount and in return, he was given his receipt and a number standee. 

"We'll serve you shortly," she kindly said, bowing. 

They bowed back in return before they head over to search for seats around the empty cafe. The only other people here was a girl sitting alone with the company of a book and her earphones. She didn't seem to find it lonely, though. 

Well, I understand. I can always deafen out the voices of people whenever I'm preoccupied with a good book. I would never find myself lonely that way, Hyejin thought as the both of them finally took a seat. 

"So, Hyejin, when are you going to confess?" Dae Jung asked all of a sudden. 

Hyejin was taken aback by the sudden question and had immediately froze in her spot, suddenly becoming a mannequin. It was not too long ago since Dino and Hyejin had resolved what have been a misunderstanding. How could she tell him how she really felt about him?

"What if..." Instead of answer, Hyejin asked Dae Jung a question that would make him wonder—make her wonder. "...all these times, I was fooled by different emotions? What if, I didn't actually love him romantically, but only loved everything he did? As an idol and not as someone I know?"