Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven 

When Hyejin first opened her eyes to the day she has been waiting for ever since February 1—her birthday, of course—she always thought it'd be the same; friends, family and a simple celebration.  

What she didn't expect was knowing that the entire nation—okay, maybe it did not involve everyone in South Korea, like, the entire 50.22 million—celebrating it with her. Gifts were left on her door. Too many gifts it already filled up the entire seven steps of the hallway. 

"Wow!" was the only thing Hyejin's mom said when she saw the gifts being transferred into the living room by the delivery man. 

"Is this really for our Hyejin?" Hyejin's dad asked the man, eyeing each and every gift. Every gift came with a different shape and size. Even in different gift wrappers. No two gifts had the same wrappers. 

"Yes," the delivery man answered, tipping his hat after he was done moving all the gifts inside. It filled three fifths of the living room. "Have a nice day and happy birthday, Hwan Hyejin. My son is a fan of yours. Would you be okay if I ask for a signature?"

Hyejin was surprised at first but she had to be polite. She smiled and nodded, signing a hanker chief for him before the man left. 

Well, this is a first, she thought, looking at the mountain of gifts. It wasn't even ten in the morning yet and she already had gifts awaiting to be open.

Hyejin's mom gave her a tight squeeze before saying, "Looks like you'll be busy on your birthday, Hyejin. I'll go ahead and make you a special breakfast. Oh, and seaweed soup."

"Thanks, Mom," Hyejin answered, smiling back at her mom. 

"Kiddo, you're so old now," her dad teased. His eyes moved towards the gifts and examined them. "I bet there's something you'll like in this pile, kiddo. What am I left to get for your birthday?"

Hyejin laughed as she leaped over the pile of gifts and gave her dad a squeeze. "It's okay, Dad. You can still pay for my birthday lunch later with Dae Jung. Speaking of which, I hear the bell ringing. I think that's him."

"Of course. Because food's your absolute favourite," her dad knowingly said before he let out a chuckle. "Go on. Dae Jung might be tired of waiting."

Hyejin nodded and finally went over to the door, opening it. "My dear best friend, you'll never believe it."

"It's all over Instagram. #hwanhyejinday," Dae Jung said, showing the screen of his phone to Hyejin. 

@weeeeeleeee3212: HAPPY BIRTHDAY HWAN HYEJINNNNN!! #hwanhyejinday

@morikari99: *sends virtual seaweed soup* HAPPY BIRTHDAY HWAN HYEJIN! HAVE A HAPPY DAY! #hwanhyejinday

@eun.lee.min97: Happy Birthday Hwan Hyejin ^^ #hwanhyejinday

@kieun123: wow! chingu, we're the same age but you turned a year older before I did! happy birthday, hwan hyejin! it's cool that you're so amazing and pretty! I wish I was like you! but I'm just like any girl :c but I hope you have a great day ahead of you! #hwanhyejinday

@raonlove09: Happpppppy birthdayyyyyyy! #hwanhyejinday continue staying pretty and continue making amazing books! you rock! I lobeu you! 

Hyejin was honestly really shocked and confused. There were a bunch of posts and pictures with different captions from different accounts on Instagram. Hyejin was mostly speechless but thankful for all the greetings. 

"Your account's still on private," Dae Jung noted as he switched over to stalking Hyejin's Instagram account. "I can see why. There's a bunch of derp pictures here. Why would you let the world see your revolting self, right?"