"Don't call him yet, I want him to suffer at least a bit."

Scott laughed, taking a sip from his strong drink, "You're more like us than you realize."

"Because I want him to suffer? I think any sane woman would want the same thing."

Scott held her gaze for a minute before he focused back on his drink, "You're going to forgive him?"

She pulled her feet up on the couch, placing her glass upon her knee while she stared at the golden liquid, gently swirling it around. She tossed back the strong drink, feeling it burn her throat and belly. It went straight to her head, but she didn't care. It was the middle of the night so she would love to fall asleep and have a dreamless sleep. She knew she wouldn't fall asleep otherwise.

"I'd want to say with confidence that I'd never forgive him and that I'm leaving him, but I know myself. I'm in love with him."

Scott reached for her, brushing her free locks away from her face, "You should head to bed, we'll give Mark a call tomorrow morning."

"I might be gone tomorrow morning."

Scott got up and helped her to her feet, "I'll show you the guest room."

Scott walked her to the guest room and let her settle in. She didn't bring her phone because she ran away without looking back. All her things were back at Mark's apartment. He was probably going insane right now, not knowing where she was. The thought made her feel slightly better. Crawling into bed she tried to get some rest knowing she either had to leave first thing in the morning to avoid Mark or suck it up and face him because in the end she would end up back together with him.

***

Jade woke up early but instead of running away like she wanted to, she showered and dressed in a gray shirt which belonged to Scott. She slipped back into her joggers and joined Scott in the kitchen. He was ready to go to work, looking handsome in his navy suit, white dress shirt and silver tie. He was on the phone, he nodded toward the table and turned his back to her while he sipped his coffee.

"She is here." It was Mark he was talking to, "She just joined me, want to talk to her?"

Jade shook her head, not wanting to talk to her husband yet. She knew she couldn't avoid him, but she wanted him to suffer just a bit longer. He'd be with them in a minute or so she figured. He was probably already on the move.

"Jade doesn't want to speak to you right now." Scott chuckled at something Mark said and faced her, "I have to head to the office, but Jade is staying home I presume?" When she nodded he continued his conversation, "I suggest you wait for her to contact you first. That's the right thing to do, isn't it?"

She didn't think Scott would try and buy her some more time. He sounded like he was on Mark's side last night. Then again maybe he was on no one's side considering he stabbed her father in the back without hesitation. Scott was probably on his own side, being the most selfish man on the planet. It made him dangerous because you'd never know when he'd stab you in the back.

"Mark, you're more levelheaded than that. Give her time, she'll come back to you eventually."

It was what she told Scott so he wasn't wrong. It sounded wrong coming from his mouth though, like she was pathetic. Pushing the thought back she poured some milk and sugar in her coffee and sipped it. Letting the warm beverage comfort her.

"Talk to you later then."

Scott ended the call and took a seat across her, "He is giving you space this morning, but he is picking you up after work. I couldn't give you more time than that." Scott placed his phone on the table and narrowed his eyes on her, "I don't suggest running away again, he has people watching the building. Making sure you're not going anywhere."