𝟐 𝐒𝐔𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝟐

Song: Sign of the Times - Harry Styles

_________________________________

"I wonder what's going on with those two" Saeyoung mumbled.

"They have been spending a lot of time together" Arielle chimed in.

"Well Yoosung is tutoring Saeran so I guess it makes sense"

"Who takes a tutoring session on a Sunday. Don't you think that's kind of weird?" She pressed.

"Well I don't know, maybe"

"They do seem pretty chummy together at school too"

"What're you suggesting?" He questioned.

Arielle sighed, brushing her hair out her face with a sigh. "Nevermind, shall we go inside?"

"Sure"

Saeyoung nodded, taking Arielle's hand as he opened the door for her and waited for her to go inside.

"Wow, that's a lot of..beers" Arielle stated nervously.

The red-head looked over his girlfriend's shoulder, sighing once he noticed the scattered beer bottles on the floor. At that moment he recalled Saeran saying that he wouldn't be coming home tonight.

"I won't be coming home tonight so don't wait up"

Maybe he'd gotten in an argument with their mom while she was drunk again and decided to leave. The uncertainty of what happened and the bottles scattered on the floor weren't exactly the home life Saeyoung wanted to portray to his girlfriend.

Saeyoung sighed. "Maybe we should just do this another time. The house seems to be a mess anyway"

"It doesn't bother me..but if you insist" Arielle shrugged.

"Yeah, I'll call you a cab"

"No worries, I'll just have my brother pick me up. He told me he was in the area anyway"

"At least let me walk you out then"

Arielle nodded in agreement and turned to face the door while Saeyoung opened it with a heavy sigh. Before walking out she gave him a kiss on the cheek, grinning as she put her phone up to her ear and walked down the steps. This was exactly why he'd hardly ever brought her by their house, something was always wrong.

"Mom?" The red-head called, closing the door behind himself.

There was no reply, but the sound of clanging glass coming from the dining room. Shoving his hands in his pockets, Saeyoung stepped over the pile of scattered bottles and walked toward the sound.

There his mother was, laid sprawled out on the carpet, an array of empty beer bottles lying nearby. Kneeling down next to her, he checked for a pulse, sighing in relief when he'd confirmed she was still breathing.

"Mom I told you to lay off the alcohol" Saeyoung warned as he rubbed her back gently.

Her eyes fluttered open and she mumbled a slew of incoherent words while trying to sit up. The red-head hoisted her up to her feet gently, partially pulling her out of the drunk daze she was in.