Ian cursed his words that came out of his mouth. He made her sad. And he made her run. Again he had done it. Broke her heart. He could never believe he had done it again, but he couldn't take those words back. It was for her own good. He was not good for her. Whenever he was there with her accident had happened, things had gone wrong. It was like a curse that was upon him. He had tried, but examples were in front of his eyes. Today again it proved his theory. He was not good for her. 

When she stood and spoke, he felt that air was sucked out of his lungs. Those stern words hit him directly at heart and it scattered into pieces. Pieces that only she could assemble together. But her concern about him did put back few pieces together, but not enough for him to go and grab her in her arms and never let her go again. Doing that would prove him wrong and he didn't want to do it, when he knew she had a beautiful future with Sean. 

Samantha waited just few more second before realizing that he was not going to say anything or do anything to stop her from leaving. She wanted him to stop her. Even if it was silly reason, she would have. But when he didn't say anything she took the most tear-filled step away from him. Walking away from him could be so painful she didn't know. 

Ian was gaze stuck and watched her walking away. Her steps lack that initiative to do it. He body was wagging from side to side. He gait was wobbling. He ran up to her when she stopped midway and swayed with her imbalanced.

Samantha's tears and her cry activated the pain and it started pounding inside her head. She lost her vision for a second and missed a step. She was about to fall when Ian held her and lifted her bridal style and took her back to the bench they were sitting. 

Resting her head on his lap he saw the thin streak of tear down her cheek that had dried, but due to the moonlight it glittered for him to see. 

I've cause this. I've made you cry. I told you. I'm not good for you. Bad things happen when I'm with you. And now see, again because of me.......

He bend his head with remorse after his recent declaration, which was by the way - false. He didn't have Carla. It was just a act and she had obliged to do it for him. But God knows it was always you.

When seconds later Samantha regained her conscious she found herself in the comfort of the hotel room. And what seemed like second were actually hours and the hot sun was beaming on her room balcony. Rubbing her eyes due to lack of sleep, she was expecting Ian to be there, but when she saw a sleeping Sean cocooned and adjusted himself on the sofa her fell turned sad. Sean was much better now and his crepe bandage was also removed. 

Looking over her night stand, she felt the thirst as soon as she saw the water jug. She tried to stretched her hand to reach it when a pair of hand appeared and handed her the glass and the jug. 

"Here, take it," Sean proffered. His voice was emotionless as if he was offering water to a stranger. 

"Thanks," she replied taking it from his hand. She looked at him, thinking to find out by reading his eyes, but quickly looked away. 

When she maneuvered with the utensils, his eyes followed her each and every move. He watched her as she sloshed down three full glasses of water in one go.

"Thirsty much?" he asked. 

"Huh." She tried to reach the table when he took it from her hand and put it back. 

He looked into her eyes and saw those tired looking eyes. Yesterday night when he didn't find her in her room, he looked around but, couldn't locate her. His tension grew as he looked over all the possible places and found it empty. It was like his heart had stopped working and his breathing had been cut off.