III

III

Jenna opened the front door and was immediately pulled into a bear hug from Ian.

She was ecstatic, seeing him after so many weeks. She was longing to meet him and spend some time with him.

Knowing his lifestyle, since last few years, she knew he had worked really hard for this. She never wanted to be a burden on him or even liked to come in the ways of his duties and responsibilities, so she had moved with her father. She took a good care of him, till his last breath. Since then she was alone, but kept herself busy with gardening or farming.

Sometime she even decided to drop by his office, but left it alone thinking, he would be busy. Disturbing him was the last on her list. Her waiting from the afternoon was over and all her worries disappeared, once she saw his smiling face. She was eagerly waiting to see him and now that the climate was also favoring it, she could not help, but thanked the Almighty above.

Jenna was a god-fearing person. She read the Bible regularly. She was a woman of self-esteem with a lot of determinations. She had held her head high even during the times when others would have given up. She never forgot to bring God in her happiness or even pray him during her difficult times.

She never complained for what she does not have or what she wanted in life. She never winked in pain, when something was taken away from her or rather someone. Her husband Steward. She always remembered him in her memories and good all years, they had spent together and the best was, she has got Ian.

She always thought, it was God's way to tell them, something good always happened after a hurricane. She had always found happiness with what little she had or rather she had got now. She had tried to inculcate these same believes and ethics in Ian too. Not to mention his respect towards his mother principles and discipline in his life. He worshiped his mother and always drew his inspiration, as how she had never tethered from her responsibilities and helped her uncle to retrieve his father's company.

Ian mood lifted immediately, after seeing his mother's reaction to the news, long forgotten about Samantha. He knew how much, she had missed him. He had missed her too.

She felt lonely after his father's death. He had asked her on several occasions as to come and stay close to him, but she had declined saying that she felt it close to Steward in this house. Moreover, she liked this quiet and secluded area away from the city population.

Whenever she looked at him, she wondered how much father and son looked alike, she always complained that Ian does not carry as many feathers of her, but now she doesn't. He had alway reminded her of Steward, so, when she missed him, she would pull out photos of Steward and Ian and adored the two men, she loved so much.

Ian looked exactly like Steward, tall with broad shoulder and muscular frame. That same sharp pointed nose, which she always used to make fun of on Steward, telling him that it had always interfered, when she tried to kiss her and he would always kissed her to prove her wrong.

She smiled internally thinking of her olden days. Ian has got the eyes of her father, but the color of her, deep blue. Now clad in his office suit, he looked very much like a young Steward. 

It was already seven when Ian arrived, so Jenna instructed him to change for dinner and joined her in the dinning table. 

Ian dropped his overnight bag pack in his old room and looked around. It was like his second room, whenever he had visited his grandparent's house.

He remembered, how much he loved staying here and gave a fit to Jenna, once when they had to return home after a vacation. It was still the same except that, it's no longer a child's room, he had modified it now to his needs.