IV

IV

After the little exercise with Sean in the kitchen and encounter with Ian, the day was busy for Samantha.

The restaurant and the bar got busier by the evening, once the rain stopped. The place was crowded just like any other weekends. But it took a hiatus of two weeks.

Samantha saw the happy faces of the customer, including her staff. It was enough lifts up her mood. She doesn't have to worry about this month rentals and bills.

Thank you, God.

Going by the weather, it only favored in their luck. The business was running just as fine.

Samantha sighed and felt relief at the sight of the Lily, who was neck deep in work. She was giving instructions at the kitchen as well as helping Sean in managing the orders.

All in all the business was heading towards the brighter light. Even though there was no signs of sun yet, but the place was crowded. 

She didn’t have much to do, as her staff was efficiently handling the day to day activities and Sean managed them really well. She took her book from morning and started reading from the dog-eared page. Sitting at her favorite table, which happens to be the same table, where Ian had sat today she couldn’t stop her thoughts about him.

With her book on her hand, she pretended to read through the pages, without paying much attention to it. The book held no interest to her now, as her mind was clouded by Ian.

Why am I not able to put him out my mind?

She had tried everything, to divert her mind, to cook in the kitchen, but only found resemblances and her mind was back to him. She was just few steps away to pull her hairs out of frustration. She never had such problem before, keeping away her thoughts about a guy. Hack, she never had a serious boyfriend. All she had was flings.

Her previous boyfriends were too easy and never had given her hard time. Now she had to struggle with her emotions.

But Ian was not any other guy.

Yes, they had once shared the most trusted friendship, which he decided to ruin in a blink of the eye.

She struggled to concentrate on her book and after some few minutes, she flipped over to the next page. Soon, she got fed up, as the book was not able to give her the necessary distraction, she was looking for. She needed a better distraction. But any tactics she tried had failed, so she decided to hold the bull by the horns and face it.

She went up to her room and fired up her system. Once she opened the Google, she typed his name. She started reading all about him – latest and old.

In the last few years, all she had done was staking or rather say kept herself informed about him, through various website. It was just to see his handsome face but that wasn’t a great idea though as she often gets disappointed, as how little he had remembered her or their past.

Over time he had completely cut  that part of his life and had moved on. It had hurt her to see that, he never cared about her. It had hurt her more that today he decided to ignore her, as if she was some stranger, whom he had never met.

But she was not fooling anyone, she had spent all these years without him and she can still do the same. Weather he was with her or not, it doesn’t make any difference.

All those websites and public interviews, he had done, only showed how happy he was and that he doesn’t even remember anything from his past. His lifestyle and her are like the same poles of a magnet that just repels, when placed together.