Chapter 11

Ann
"Negan?" Ann weakly choked, trying to lift herself from the bed. "Ann?" Negan's voice cracked in disbelief. "What...what happened?" Ann slowly looked around the room.

Where was she? Where was her family? Why is Negan here? Ann's thoughts had come to a halt when Negan gently wrapped his arms around her frail body. Giving it a tight, yet gentle embrace.

"Thank God, you are ok." Negan seemed to whisper more to himself than to Ann. "You were..." Negan began to explain before the door had busted open.

"Ann?" Maggie spoke, her face still with a shocked expression. She ran over, and pushed Negan out of the way and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Maggie." Ann coughed out, smiling a little as Maggie stepped back, giving a quick, "sorry."

"It's ok...um...what the hell is going on? I remember Crystal, shots, you were holding me then nothing.." The memories started to slowly pour back into her head. "You were shot." Maggie began, she stared over at Negan. He was sulked in the corner. "Crystal tried to kill us. But you jumped in front of the bullet. You've been in a coma ever since." Ann nodded her head, dare she ask? The question was on her mind, but she was scared to know the answer.

"The...baby...did it survive?" Her heart twisted when she thought of losing another child. Matthew had died long before she could ever hold him. Watch him grow or hear his laughter. Ann was strong, but she didn't want to do this again. "The baby's ok. We talked to the doctor this morning, he ran some test and the baby's heart is at a normal pace again." This was news for both Ann and Negan.

"Oh, thank God." She hugged Maggie again.

"Good to have you awake." Rick smiled as he walked over to Ann, giving her a gentle hug. "A coma, huh? did I beat your record?" Rick smirked, placing a hand to her shoulder. "I have you beat for at least another month." She chuckled and squeezed his hand that laid resting on her shoulder.

This was a weird situation. A lot of thoughts kept fighting to be the main focus in her head. When she kept remembering what happened before she passed out, it would lead to the relief that she was even alive. Relief her baby was ok. Relief Maggie was ok.
Those were the more joyful parts of the situation. Of course there was another matter too big to really ignore for long. Negan. In the midst of everything, Ann couldn't bother to figure how he got here. The wonder of how he got this far without Maggie or anyone else for that matter to not have straight up murdered him already.

Suddenly, Negan stood up and started to speak.
"I'll let myself out." He muttered to Ann's surprise. His head was down and his body language read...insecurity? It was confusing that he showed this kind of reaction in front of her group.

He walked past a glaring Maggie and placed something on Ann's lap. It was a small basket with a white cloth draped over it. "I'm really happy you are ok." He looked at her. His face, it was so humble. Not a hard edge to his features and his voice was low. Almost, afraid to speak higher than normal.

"Um," Rick spoke up and everyone turned to look. "We are going to give you two a few minutes before you leave." Rick stopped and already moved his stare to Maggie.

"Maggie, just a few minutes." He began but she cut him off. "Not happening."

"Maggie..." Glenn looked at her but she refused to back down. "Really there's no need." Ann spoke, rather unsure of why Rick would even suggest such an idea. "Look I'd love to be rid of Negan's presence as soon as possible as much as the next guy. But if you don't give him a few minutes he'll keep coming back. We've seen that first hand."

He finished with a tint smile. They all began to leave but Maggie remained. "Maggie," Ann grabbed her hand as Maggie turned towards her.

"Don't worry, he won't be here much longer." Ann kindly smiled. Maggie, although determined, followed Glenn who led her to the door. Looking back to Ann who nodded in reassurance as Rick shut the door, leaving her and Negan alone.

"I don't know how many people you brought to intimidate Rick like that, but I don't care. Leave now." Her words were harsh and quick. She didn't flinch for a second "I didn't..." He slowly began and sat back down again. "I didn't bring any men. Did it go through my head? Yes. But your family was kind enough to let me see you in case..."

"In case I died because of your wife?" She quickly finished for him. Ignoring the surprise she felt by the fact Negan hadn't gotten into Hilltop without using a threat for the group to let him stay.

"I..." He didn't know what to say, so instead walked over to grab the white cloth off of the basket he had given Ann. Looking down, Ann took in the sight before her. A walkie, a cd, and an item she hadn't laid eyes on in so long. A small package of jelly filled donuts. "I know they were your favorite. And it's like the only thing you craved when you were pregnant."
She looked up at him. Her heart tugged. No! Stop it! Jelly donuts won't bring Abraham back! It won't fix the pain he's inflicted.

"I got the walkie in case you need anything. Anything at all and I'll find it." He went to grab the third item. "Rick Astley. He's gotten us through some pretty tough times...maybe he can get us through me killing ya friend, and you hating me." She took whatever strength she could find and used it to slap him hard. The smack sending a pain up her arm. "Ow! It was a joke!"

"Not funny." She placed the items on the bedside next to her. "Well, either way it's a still a favorite of yours. So just keep it." He huffed. "I don't care, Negan." She had to do this now. "I don't care about you not bringing your men, i don't care if they let you stay, I don't care if you are acting decent...It doesn't change a thing and I want you gone...now."

"I understand." He calmly said. Grabbing his keys he began to walk to the door. "Ann," she dreaded the way he said her name. "I don't care if you hate me." He mocked her tone. "It's still really nice to hear your voice. I rather hear you tell me off a million times than never hear it again." He left her. She had pushed him away but was terrified by the truth, her heart went with him.

Wow it's been awhile. I had a lot going on and I am really sorry for taking so long to update. Plus I had some writers block so..anyways wow 4K!!! Thank you all who have kept up with this story and every read means the world. Thank you so much! As always thanks again and have a lovely and blessed day :)