Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Kodi" he laughs, "I finished a little bit earlier than expected."

"So happy!" I mumbled, nuzzling into his chest a little, "you're so comfortable, Cody."

Even though we haven't been dating for that long, I have come a long way. I am pretty comfortable with him now, and he doesn't seem to mind at all that I am transgender.

"Has anyone ever told you that you are like a puppy?" Cody laughs, making me tilt my head to one side, puffing out my cheek in disagreement. It just makes him laugh harder. "Come on, you cute thing. Let's go buy some ice cream."

Excited, I finally release him from his hug. I turn to Rei, wink, and say, "tell her how you feel!" Then I disappear with Cody, skipping happily until we reach a nearby ice cream truck.

I look at the time to see it is only one. Cody orders for us both since I can't decide what I want, and we both eat our ice creams happily. We sit on a nearby bench.

"You know, it's weird that we are eating ice cream in Winter. Also that it is incredibly hot right now" Cody says.

"It is also weird that prom is already almost here" I add on, agreeing with his previous statement. He nods as well.

We just finish our ice creams when Riley and Rei come over to us, holding hands.

I look at Rei with a questioning look, nodding towards their hands, and she nods.

I break out in a wide grin and say, "congratulations!" For once, Riley is blushing a little, along with Rei. They are shy. It is so adorable!

"Come on! Let's visit the store!" Riley says, breaking out of her previous shyness quickly, "we have a few hours to kill still!"

Something just hits me, and I look to Riley, "didn't you have a boyfriend? What happened to him?"

Riley frowns. "We broke up a month ago. He had discovered he actually liked other guys and didn't want a girlfriend. I am bisexual on the other hand, so I sort of understood him. You can't help what your sexuality is. But the two of us are still friends."

I frown a little, realizing I must have been so focused on Cody that I had no idea they broke up. So I mumble, "I'm sorry, Riley."

She just dismisses the apology and we all decide to head to a nearby disney store.

At the disney store, I look around in wonder and realize there are so many cute things around. I find the stuffed animal section in particular and see such a cute stuffed Stitch from Lilo and Stitch.

I pick it up and hug it, not realizing everyone had followed me. Noticing they were watching, I stop hugging it and say, "I don't need this."

Trying my best not to appear reluctant, I put it back on the shelf and begin to look at other stuff. I see a bunch of cute things. There were several cute cups I would love to collect, as well as other things. Or maybe I am just a bit childish.

Before long, we have to leave the store. I look around to realize Cody has disappeared.

"Come on, he will rejoin us outside" Riley says, dragging me out of the store. Visiting the Disney store was certainly a nice way to kill time.

After exiting the store, it wasn't long until Cody rejoined us. He had one hand behind his back, and I knew he was hiding something.

"What do you have behind your back?" I ask Cody.

I gasp when he reveals that Stitch plushie I had been hugging earlier. He hands it to me and I take it excitedly.

I am hugging it when I remember Cody is still there. I look at him warily, "Cody, you didn't have to buy this for me."