Chapter 2: Bill and Fleur's Wedding

Amelia hated that he wasn't touching her. His hand fell lazily to his side but he didn't reach out for her and she couldn't figure out why. All she wanted to do was grab his perfect fingers and wrap them around her so she didn't have to feel like this. But she didn't and they walked in silence.

It was summer and it was warm outside. A perfectly picturesque morning with birds chattering, clouds drifting softly along the baby blue sky. It smelled fresh air and it really was glorious out. Amelia felt almost like nature was mocking her, here look at this beautiful day I made for you! Try not to ruin it.

"Did you hear what happened?" he finally broke the silence and Amelia had never felt so relieved.

She let out a small breath of release before speaking. "Yeah, yeah I did."

"So then you know the Death Eaters came, and you know Dumbledore died and you know Mad-Eye died and you know George lost an ear." his tone rose with every word and Amelia decided it was much too hot out. She could feel perspiration welling up in her pores and her head got fuzzy with the heat.

"I know, Fred. I'm sorry-"

"Are you kidding me Amelia?" he snapped and she felt herself putting distance between them. "Where the hell were you? You could have saved them, you could have saved everyone and you know it and I know it. You're the most powerful witch I know and you weren't there."

"I had to go." she pleaded with him to understand, "Al did something and I had to fix it otherwise everything would fall a part. And I couldn't lose everything I've worked for. Those people deserve a better ruler, Fred you know that."

"Who gives a damn about some magical kingdom, Amy?" he shouted. "I care about the people in this world. They deserve better. So don't tell me some place else was more important than here because there's no way."

"Fred-" she was practically begging him now. "Fred you have to listen to me."

"No! I don't want to hear anymore excuses! I can't believe you." he shook his head and started turning away from her. She reached out and put a hand on his arm but he shook her off. "No, Amelia you have no idea what it was like watching that happen to the people I care about-"

"Fred-"

"and knowing there was someone out there who could have stopped it."

"Fred, Jeremy died!" she yelled and he stopped talking. He looked at her in a sort of shock and without saying anything he stepped towards her and wrapped his arms around her body. Amelia finally felt herself breathe properly ever since she had gotten that letter saying she needed to come back to Kalishterya because something was wrong. She hadn't allowed herself to feel much after she heard Jeremy died, because she was the queen and she couldn't fall a part. But here, in this world and in this life, maybe she could allow herself to slip just a little bit.

So Amelia closed her eyes and listened to the heart beating beside her ear and she relaxed and tears fell down her cheeks and drowned her face and she could finally breathe.

"Amelia, love?" Fred whispered.

"Yeah?" she said quietly.

"I'm so bloody sorry. I'm sorry I went of on you when I didn't know whole story."

"It's okay. I understand what you were saying."

"No," he pulled back from her. "It wasn't right."

"It was." Amelia admitted and wiped her eyes. "I'm not going to abandon Hogwarts when it needs me the most."

"What about Kalish-whatever the fuck it's name is?"