The man who had been playing the zither board got up, yet hesitated to come forward. He glanced at King Jongin with a fearful look frozen onto his face, and the king laughed. "Do as Royal Consort Do say."

King Jongin had been playing only for a short while when a guard came and gave a report. "Your Majesty, the Left Minister and his fifth daughter wish to see Your Majesty."

Kyungsoo felt his delight vanished like a light going out.

King Jongin put down the arrow in his hand. "Send them in," he ordered. With a motion of his hand, the music player sitting next to him took all of the arrows and left.

Kyungsoo lifted his hands from the string instrument, and was about to ask the permission to leave when King Jongin said, "You can stay, Kyungsoo. This won't take long."

Left Minister Kim came following the royal guard, who stopped a few feet from King Jongin. King Jongin was sitting, and therefore it would be immensely impolite for anyone to stand less than five feet from their king.

"Greetings, Your Majesty," he said. "Your Honourable," he greeted Kyungsoo with a short bow, which was returned by Kyungsoo with a more humble attitude.

The left minister's daughter gracefully followed. "Sohyun greets Your Majesty. With blessings of Heaven upon Your Majesty, may Your Majesty long reign upon us."

Kyungsoo noticed that she took a quick subtle glance at King Jongin, her eyes were curious, perhaps searching any interest in the man who might hold her fate in his hands. She shifted her eyes toward Kyungsoo. "Please accept my greetings, Your Honourable. May blessings and peace be with you."

Kyungsoo politely returned the greeting.

The minister gave an encouraging pat on his daughter's shoulder. "The last time, my daughter's poor luck made her unable to meet Your Majesty," he began. "Today appears to be a blessed day for her," he said, and then he lightly continued,

"I am deeply thankful that Your Majesty has let my daughter to stay in the palace for a while so she can learn everything needed to be a respected lady. I believe Your Majesty's kindness and wisdom would shape a bright future for her." Left Minister Kim shook his head with a heavy sigh. He motioned her daughter to stand closer to him. "Sixteen years of age, yet barely has learned anything. I hope someday she can become a daughter our family can be proud of."

Kyungsoo looked at the young lady, and found that she had a pleasant appearance. The left minister's daughter had large eyes, a round small face, and thin, delicate limbs, which seemingly never experienced a touch of the sun. She was a lovely, graceful young lady.

"Heaven bless me with a beautiful and dutiful daughter; it is me who has failed as a father."

The Left Minister's daughter hung her head like a dying flower.

"It was hard for us to let her go, but we cannot be selfish. She is not a child anymore."

The minister bowed, and his voice taking on a lighter tone, "I am hoping that Your Majesty will allow Sohyun to play a song or two for Your Majesty, so that she can properly express her deep gratitude of the kindness Your Majesty has shown us." Upon receiving King Jongin's approval, Left Minister Kim shifted his attention to Kyungsoo. "May it please Your Honourable, we would be deeply thankful if Your Honourable would also be there. Sohyun still needs a lot of guidance."

Kyungsoo managed a smile. "It would be an honour," he replied.

The left minister fondly smiled at his daughter. "Your Majesty cannot see them now, as apparently she found the royal palace ground very fascinating, but her eyes are round and and clear, just like Consort Do's." He gave Kyungsoo a nod to include the royal consort in the conversation. "Her small heart shaped smile can make the whole day looks brighter. My precious Sohyun is as beautiful as Royal Consort Do, don't you agree, Your Majesty?"