Chapter 022

I felt like the floor reappeared again underneath my feet. But this time I was speechless and the tears that were trickling down my cheek disappeared. 

"I don't know why you think it'll be fine if you died, but you can't do that. Hana won't allow it - I won't allow it." I bit my lower lip and stopped myself from crying again. I refused to let myself cry again.

Even at this moment, my stubborn side refused to show any more weakness. "You can't leave me here in this hell hole of a school. It doesn't matter if you're going through a hard time and feel like giving up. You're a two faced princess, who doesn't lose to anyone." I gnawed on my lip a little harder and squinted my eyes slightly.

Taehyung chuckled and brushed his finger across my cheek. I leaned into his touch, feeling the warmth of his finger warm up my cheek.

Blinking, I looked at him and stopped biting my lips. "I thought you hated me." I mumbled under my breath, saying the words quietly but loud enough for him to hear. Somehow there was a part of me expecting him to say he liked me, but I didn't believe he would say it. I knew he only wanted me around because he was afraid of losing more people.

Releasing my cheek, Taehyung stepped back and stared at me from a short distance. His piercing eyes, just staring into my vulnerable ones. The moonlight lit up his eyes, giving the illusion of a flickering flame in his eyes every time he shifted his head to look over the fence we were standing by.

I shook my head, he wasn't going to answer me. "Come on V, we should get back to everyone-"

"I like you Princess." My heart stopped, I could feel my whole body freeze in disbelief. His eyes never left mine and I could tell he was being genuine. "I like you so much more than you know. That's why I don't hate you, it's because I like you."

I didn't say a word but I did step closer to him. I peered into his eyes wordlessly and held his hands in my own. His fingers curled around mine and he simply knew what my answer was.

But I said it anyway, "I like you too Taehyung."

Taehyung gave me a gentle expression and pressed his lips on my forehead. His lips were slightly chapped but I didn't care. The touch of his lips brought my mind back into the world, it's warmth flooding my body. It seemed like the moment wouldn't pass but I knew every moment was a fleeting one.

I whispered the words again, repeating the words that sounded so foreign to me. "I like you." It sounded completely idiotic, it was like it was the only three words I could say at the moment.

Taehyung let go my hand and instead wrapped his arms around my torso. "I like you too." He replied.

Maybe life was giving me a chance to be happy. Yet I knew that was a joke, life was one big hurdle - Taehyung would bring me misery one say. But I wanted to take the risk because he as someone that was worth the risk.

We hugged for a while before we let each other go. "So where do we go from here?" I mumbled, still woozy from everything.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and scoffed, "I thought it would be obvious but I'll ask you anyway." Taehyung leaned down and pressed his lips against mine, completely erasing the feeling of his lips on my forehead.

My cheeks warmed up immediately and I responded to his kiss. Letting my eyelids fall, I leaned in to just enjoy the moment.

When he moved away, he chuckled again at the expression on my face. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I pulled him towards me again and pressed my lips against his. I liked the feeling of his chapped lips against my own. His lips were warm and gave me a sense of security. I felt safe when I was with him. I felt like the world accepted me. I was Jung Sunmi, not the perfect girl who was expected to do anything to please others.

With Taehyung, I was just Sunmi: rude, sassy and violent. And he still accepted that side of me.

"I'll be your girlfriend."

_______________________________________

Author's Note

It's short but it's something.

Quiz time: what's two things in this entire book that Taehyung has not done yet? (Clue: word and facial expressions)