Breaking News

I slept on the couch last night.  I'm not sure why but I couldn't bring myself to sleep there.  It was so big and empty I felt alone.  

I woke up on and shifted around on the couch.   I grabbed the tv remote and turned it on.  

'Breaking news this morning, mass murderer or some call serial killer kevin Wendell crumb has escaped jail.  He was to be transfered this morning, but escaped.   One source says last night the man was screaming and agitated.   He was pacing and then bent the bars to his cell allowing him to escape.   Mr. Crumb ran passed police and as they shot him he continued to run.  One witness says it's as if the bullets bounced off him.   Where he is now, no one knows.   But keep an eye out.  This man is very dangerious."    They flashed kevin picture across the screen.  

I turned the tv off I was sick to my stomach.   He was coming for me I know it.   I could feel that burger from yesterday coming up. 

I got up and started to double check that all the windows were locked.  I looked out my front window and saw detective Mayfield sitting outside in his car sipping coffee.  He left my new phone on the coffee table and I texted him. 

"Can you come in.  I'm scared." Having a man with a gun sitting next to me would make me feel better.  I know it's nothing against Dennis if he is the beast but I just.  I need that false sense of safety.  

"Sure." He messaged and he came in.  The alarm went off and he deactivated it.  He locked the door. 

"You okay?" He asked

"Yeah I just.   I saw her escaped." I said shakily.

"Yeah.  I thought you were lying about the bullet proof thing"  a huff escaped him.  

"Nope." I said a little pissed he didn't belive me.    

"I've been sitting outside since he escaped.  I want to make sure you're okay.  I know there is no way he can figure out where you live, but I thought you'd feel better if I was here. " I nodded.   I just noticed he had a brown paper bag in his hand.

"It does, thanks.  Your mom pack your lunch?" I asked making a joke.  I tried to make light of the situation. 

"Actually no." He smiled and handed it to me.   I opened it.  I pulled out a cupcake and smiled. 

"Why did you get me a cupcake?" I asked I couldn't stop smiling.

"You missed your birthday.    I thought you'd like to have a little something to celebrate." 

"Thank you so much.  I love it. " I said and walked to the kitchen and set it down on the counter.   I wasn't to hungry for it now. 

I came back into the living room and Chris was on the couch. I sat a seat away again.  

"Can you stay in here? I would like it if you could stay awhile." 

"Yes, I'll just alert the sergant. I'll tell him you requested detail." 

Me and him talked for awhile.  We talked about kevin and the other girls.  What I went threw how I felt.  It was nice.   Chris was a good guy.