Chapter 4

The anoying beeping of my alarm clock was the first sound I heard when I woke up on monday. I hit the snooze button and opened my eyes.

"It's Monday..." I said as I opened my eyes.

"It's monday!" I smiled as I got out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

I turned on the shower water and let it warm up as I quickly brushed my teeth. I got in the shower and rushed through the whole thing. To excited to see Tyler that I couldn't function normally.

I had never felt this excited to see anyone, and I liked it.

I ran into my room and slid my closet doors open. I rummaged around searching for something, anything, to wear. I couln't find anything even remotly close to pretty! I threw myself onto my bed and sighed in frustration.

"Maybe I should stay home today and plan everything out for tomorrow."

I quickly dismissed the thought and went back to my search. After another five minutes of hopeless searching I settled on a pair of skinny jeans, a nice red blouse,  and a pair of black converse hi-tops.

I straghtened my hair and put on some mascara, then ran down stairs to grab a poptart before Krissi arrived.

                                                                              *     *     *

The first half of school went at an unnaturally slow pace. I didn't know if it was from the rain, or if it was from the fact that I was absolutly dreading lunch. It was there that Krissi was going to relentlessly interrogate me for every detail about my date that she could force out of me. I knew this only from experiance. And because somehow I was able to distract her this morning, she would be full of expectations and questions as soon as she sat down.

I stepped into the cafeteria, set my bag down at our table and walked to the lunch line. Slowly I made my way to the cash-register lunch lady, grabbing a salad and some fresh fruit. After I paid for my food, I walked across the room and sat down across form Krissi's bag.

"Great, she isn't here yet." I thought as I sat back and enjoyed the breif moment of silence.

"Tell. Me. EVERYTHING!!!" Krissi basically yelled as she all but threw her tray onto the table.

"There isn't much to tell," I shrugged.

"Oh quit lying!" she yelled annoyed, "Obviously something happened!"

"And how do you know this exactly?" I raised an eyebrow, "Were you watching us?!"

Krissi took in my teasing expression and smiled.

"No, I leave that up to you."

"Haha. But seriously, how do you know something happened?"

"Well concidering you succesfully managed to distract me in the car, then peoceded to avoid me all morning," she glared at me, "I assumed that something happened."

I picked at my fruit, suddenly not hungry anymore, and chewed my lip. It was scary how Krissi knew me so well that she could figure all this out. Then again, we had been best briends since we were born, and our mom had been friends since kindergarten. They were still very close up until Krissi's mom abandoned Krissi when she was six.

I looked up at Krissi and sighed. I had to tell her, or else she wouldn't let it go until I did.

"Nothing big happened."

"My spider scense says otherwise."

I laughed and looked down at my half eaten food. I shrugged.