WOW! X Chapter 14

"Stacey. Stacey baby its mum," I felt my mum give me a kiss. "Your dad's here too." I felt his hand on my head and his scent made me feel better. I was struggling to open my eyes. They were so heavy.

"Dad?"

"Yeah honey I'm here. What have I told you about head butting things? You're not a woodpecker." He was trying to hide his emotions through sarcasm but I could tell even without looking that he was upset. It radiated through his hands as he stroked my head. My dad was not a stroker!

"They started it," I mumbled referring to Jessica and her friends.

"And like always you have to finish it," he said.

"Mum?"

"Yes my baby," she replied.

"Can I go home now?" I asked desperate.

"Not yet."

"But I want too. Pllleeaassee," I begged.

I hated to think that I was lying here looking like corpse bride and everyone felt obliged to stay with me or visit. I was happy to go home and sleep there in my own bed with my cat. Close myself away and hibernate like a grizzly bear. That idea was bliss.

"Mum please, I'll get better at home, just cuddled up with Harry. I want to sign myself out," I managed to open my eyes.

"Don't be silly Stacey," My dad said.

"I don't like hospitals. Please let me go home. I'll be good I promise," I pledged.

In fact if truth be told I was panicking, I did not want to see Shane. The thought of him, seeing me like this made me want to run from the room with embarrassment. I would do anything just to get out of here and ensure that the next time he saw me I looked just like I did at the party. Not like... this!

"Dad, please," tears flowed as I begged and pleaded with my eyes. "Dad please, I don't want to stay here. Please dad, please! I'll come home with you. Don't leave me here!"

"Fine I will ask the doc but I am not promising anything. You better hope they have a bed shortage or you've been as big a pain in the arse as you usually are when you are suppose to be taking medicine and they want rid of you," he said and left the room.

"Mum can you help me up, I want to go to the bathroom," God knows when the last I went and I wanted to see what I looked like.

"Ok," she helped me as I removed the blankets and swung my feet off the bed. I was hooked up to an IV so dragged that with me.

I looked better than I thought. God knows what I expected to see. I washed my face and brushed my teeth with shaky hands because of the drugs. My legs felt like they were trying to remember what my knees were for.

My dad returned with the Dr. He explained that head injuries were not an exact science. A concussion can be cause by even the slightest flick of the head at a wrong angle and I had sustained injuries but the symptoms were delayed as is sometimes the case. A sort of Post concussion. I had some swelling which had caused me to be disorientated and lost consciousness. Being confused and angry was a side affect, which explains why I was feeling so emotional but I didn't care I want out of this place. NOW! Before anyone else return. I wanted to do a moon light flit. Yes I know I was running away AGAIN but I just wasn't ready to face him or anyone for that matter. I just wanted to go home with my parents, and dive under my quilt, like returning to the womb.

The Dr reluctantly agreed and I was released on the proviso that if I felt unwell I would return.

I got changed with the help of my mum, had my IV removed and we were out of there. As the car pulled away I felt a mixture of relief and guilt.