4. Camila

"So...um...about this project."

My heart's beating at an insane speed right now, and y/n just looks embarrassed. I feel a gentle buzz in my pocket, and slip my phone out into my hand to look at it. Ashton's name flashes across my screen, and I swipe my thumb across the screen to answer the call. Y/n takes a couple steps backward to sit down on her bed. I click the button to set the phone on speaker.

"Hey Ash, what's up?" I ask slowly, why would he be calling me now? He knows what I'm doing. I throw a quick glance at y/n, and she returns it with a worried look.

"Looks like you're not the only one with a date tonight!" Ashton practically shouts into the receiver, if I wasn't embarrassed before I definitely am now. Y/n giggles quietly, and tilts her head at me. My jaw is left agape.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin we have been through this! It's not a date! We're working on a project!" I respond hurriedly, not wanting y/n to think I had other intentions in coming here. I take the call off speaker and turn around to avoid having to meet my crush's eyes.

"Wait did you say you have a date tonight?" I realize slowly, a smile spreading across my features. I can practically see Ashton's eyes squinting as he grins.

"Yep, with the Luke Hemmings." My best friend replies, my jaw drops. The co-captain of the football team Luke Hemmings? The supposedly gay but never admitted it Luke Hemmings? Ranked third in the junior class Luke Hemmings? Every straight girl and gay guy in school wanted to get with him.

"That's great Ashton! I'm a little busy right now though, tell me about it later! I want all the details." I tell him quickly, you could cut the tension in this room with a knife. Y/n and I need to start working on our project and move forward from that little moment.

"Alright C, I'll talk to you later." He says happily, and hangs up the phone. I sigh and begin to turn around, only to find y/n standing a few inches behind me. The smell of her vanilla perfume invading my nostrils and sending my heart aflutter. There's a small smirk tugging at her lips.

"So, this is a date huh?" She teases, taking a step towards me and causing me to back up towards the wall. Y/n is so much taller than me, standing at five feet and ten inches. "I.. I just.. uhm.." I stutter, unable to speak as my back eventually hits the wall. Y/n presses her right hand to the wall just above my shoulder.

"Cause I wouldn't mind if it was." She says smoothly, her voice soothing despite how dominant she was being. My heart is on fire at this point, is this her admitting to having feelings for me? Words get caught in my throat, she giggles at my flustered state. I finally gain feeling my arms, and shove her back.

"Don't laugh at me you asshole." I laugh out as she smiles happily, pretending to fall to the ground. Picking herself up quickly, she runs toward my midsection and scoops me up with ease. With me over her shoulder, she walks over to the bed. Only then, does y/n drop me. I land on the mattress comfortably. "So, you're into girls then huh?" I ask abruptly, obviously catching her by surprise.

"I'm not sure." My crush answers slowly, I meet her eyes and scoot closer when she sits down. "I'm pretty sure of one thing though," she adds on. I nod, urging her to keep talking, "I haven't been able to stop thinking about you over the past week. You're always on my mind Camila, I don't know how you did it."

I have the sudden urge to pinch myself, this can't be real life.

Y/n turns a bright shade of red as she waits for my response. I can only smile, because words are lost on me right now. After a few seconds of happy silence, I can finally speak again. "I'm pretty sure of something too." I say quietly, slowly leaning closer. Y/n nods, her gaze shifting down to my lips.

"I'm pretty sure I wanna kiss you right now." I say smiling, mere inches away from her lips. She pulls away suddenly, sitting back up on the bed. Did I freak her out? Wasn't that her intention with all of the backing me into a wall? "I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" Y/n cuts me off mid-sentence, "No you're fine it's just..I have..I've never kissed anybody." She finally mumbles.

I have to clamp my jaw shut to keep it from falling open, I raise my eyebrows. How could this girl never have kissed anybody? She was walking perfection, y/n could be with anyone she wanted. "Want me to teach you?" I say without thinking, her eyes widen slightly and she visibly gulps. Is the y/n l/n nervous? I've kissed a few people in my seventeen years, including my ex-girlfriend Maia Mitchell. She was my only relationship, making her the longest one at seven months.

I earn a small nod from y/n and slowly but firmly, press my lips against hers. Fireworks erupt in my chest and it takes everything in me not to just melt into her. Y/n slowly works her lips against mine, like she had probably seen in movies. I pull back half an inch, "relax your lower lip," I mumble before pressing against her again. I wrap my hand in the material of her shirt, and suddenly y/n seems to have a burst of confidence.

She uses her body to press me down against the bed, successfully climbing on top of me. My crush pulls back biting her lip and smiling, before sitting back on her heels. "Like that?" She asks cockily.

"Just like that." I murmur breathlessly, unable to take my eyes off of her. Suddenly, the door opens, and Y/n seems to fly from her position on my hips to the floor. A curly-headed and very shirtless sophomore sticks his head through the threshold. Harry's eyes widen, "were you guys just-" y/n slams a hand over his mouth before he can finish. Y/n holds a finger over her mouth to silence him, before letting go of his mouth. Harry nods understandingly, I look at the siblings confusedly.

"I just came up to tell you Mom has snacks downstairs so, if you want some come and get it," Harry announces, before throwing a glance my way and smirking, "although it looks like you were about to eat just fine."

I snort, and y/n unceremoniously shoves her younger brother out the door. Y/n walks over and slumps down onto the bed, laying down face first. I poke her shoulder, trying to warrant a responds.

She rolls over to look at me finally, "My parents are extremely homophobic, they'd kick me out if they ever found out." I nod in understanding. I run a hand through her hair, tracing her jaw on the way down.

"So, about that kiss..."