Problem?

I put my bag into a empty locker space and took off my jacket, bottoms and shoes. A few of the girls were stretching and Kate was in her office, her eyes busy at the computer. I walked over to where the girls were chatting and warming up and we greeted each other before I joined them. And it wasn't long before everyone had showed up, including Daniel.

He avoided looking at me which was odd, but I didn't know what I was suppost to say to him. Not that I was planning on speaking to him.

We started marking through choreography which was nice since we all ached still from yesterday's conditioning. We decided on where we would stand and moved onto partnering. Kate started pairing us up.

"So Riley and...Daniel, you can be partners since Your the only two left." She said and everyone stood with their partners. This is just great. I reluctantly wondered over to where Daniel was stood. He was talking to James and they stopped as I came over.
"Interupting something?" I giggled.
"No-no, not at all." James said smiling at me. At least he seemed cheerful, unlike Daniel.
"..can't wait to work with you" I said raising an eyebrow at Daniel. He shrugged my hand which touched his shoulder and we embraced in an awkward silence.
"What's up with him?" I mimaced to James.
"Hes got lady troubles" James smirked, causing Daniel to discreetly storm across the room. We burst into a fit of laughter,although what he said did make me feel uneasy.
"You should just give him some time, he will come ar-" he said casually, by me cutting him off.
"What did you mean by 'lady troubles'?" I said, instantly regretting it. James smirked playfully.
"I don't actually know what's up I just said that" he teased and I laughed nervously. It must have caught his eye. "Why, you interested in him?" He asked more seriously looking me dead in the eyes.

"No, not at all" I stutter which James clearly didn't belive. I was waiting for him to make some joke out of It but he didn't. He Just looked at me.
"Things are just awkward between us" I mutter causing him concern.
"How?" He asks. "I can keep a secret" he said with a wink. I sigled him to sit down as I sat in splits telling him about what happend...

After telling him the story about the kiss and the text he let out a small sigh.
"I was right about the girl troubles then" me muttered jokingly. I nodded, wondering how after only knowing him 3 days things were complicated.
"James, what do I do?" I ask looking at him. The conversation started out as a joke but was seriouse now.
"So..you and Daniel...Daniel?" He asked. I nodded and raised an eyebrow, not really understanding what he meant.
"So..you definantly don't like Daniel" he asked again. I shook my head, "I already told you no." He nodded looking at the floor as if he was reading his mind.
"Well, if you don't like him, who do you like?" He asked. My cheeks burned up- I didn't even know the answer! Things were getting too complicated with every question. I figured I'd say the only thing I knew. Or didn't know. Because I honestly didn't know
"I don-"
"Okay guys you've had a little break so let's get back into this routine, adding those lifts we talked about!" Kate interrupted excitedly. Great.

We seperated into our individual spaces and began going through the dance. We only had a short amount worked out and one lift, but I still managed to make a mess of it.

I fell to the ground and Kate got everyone to stop. Michelle gave me a hand up as Kate walked over my way. She didn't look too impressed.
"What happend?" She asked trying to hide her anger.
"M-my hand slipped from Daniels when we were doing the lift." I said honestly. It sounded stupid since it wasn't even a proper lift, but I still managed ending up on the floor.
"...Okay well let's try again. From the top" she instructed.

Attempt 2 didn't go down to great either. Daniel messed up the timing and I was sure he did it on purpose.
"Okay this dosent seem to be working!" Kate said trying not to raise her voice. She looked at me and then at Daniel.
"What is the problem?" She asked getting irritated more each second.
"She isn't a good partner" Daniel said. Wow did his words hurt.
"I want to work with someone else" he demanded. Kate turned her attention to me, then to the other dancers.
"Okay well I'm sure Riley is a good dance partner but she probably is lacking confidence with you..." She looked at me with a small smile.
"How about we have Daniel and Michelle and James can help Riley?" She asked. Michelle nodded and walked over to Daniel and I stood by James. He smirked which I brushed off. I was suddenly sick of boy drama.

We went through the dance a few more times,the new partnering seemed to be working well. I had alot more chemistry than i ever did with Daniel.

It was 5:30pm now, time to head home. We all gathered around the wooden bag holders gathering our belongings and adding on our extra clothes and shoes. I wanted to grab the chance to talk with Daniel. Yes, he had been wierd with the texts and selfish in the dance today, but i wasnt the person to give up friendships easily.

I hurried out A-studio down the hallway after him.
"Daniel!" I called, grabbing his arm. He continued walking. "Hey! You cant avoide me forever!" I yelled getting mad. Why was he so stubborn. Finally he stopped and turned to face me, his cold eyes glancing down at me.
"Firstly,your the one who ran and left me in your garden! Your the one who didnt text me back!" He shouted, catching some of the dancers attention. They stood and watched untill Daniel grabbed my arm and took me to the store cupboard.

I sat on a old box as he shut the door and edged closer to me. His face had loosened up now and he didnt seem mad, which was good. I was still terrified of what he was going to say or do.

"Some privacy,just what we needed to sort this out" he said as he leaned an elbow against the wall beside me. My breathing got heavier and his eyes roamed my body and his thumb caressed my cheek roughly. I was so scared- surely he wouldnt do anything he would regret?

------
I feel so bad for making Daniel sound so mean and creepy😂😭
Just keep reading, things arent gonna be as bad as they sound rn😂🙄